New Tool (3.1.1): KangarooX120 v1.1 build 030

Iā€™m glad. Enjoy it! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

I am just starting to wrap my head around Renoise after owning a license for several years. I have a quick question regarding this tool. Using a Novation Launchpad, is it possible to constrain the output to a certain key and scale with this tool? Can I create isomorphic layouts (or, better yet, are there settings that will allow me to do this easily)? How are the notes of each row assigned, and can the assignments be changes on a row-by-row basis, rather than requiring each note to be adjusted individually?

Thanks in advance!

Hello @bharris222
It is possible to assign the note you want of the instrument you want to each pad. You cannot change the transpose scale. Each instrument has its own scale. You can change it in the instrument editor. The tool will only record the notes that are within each scale of each routed instrument.

Triggering a note also means triggering a phrase. Therefore, each pad can trigger a specific phrase.

You must assign note by note and create your banks. If you follow this thread above you will see that there are instructions on how to quickly route each note individually, here: New Tool (3.1.1): KangarooX120 v1.1 build 030 - #19 by Raul

Thank you very much!!

I was thinking I wish I could insert notes in Edit mode or Phrases using the keyboard from Sampler/Instrument, this is a game changer and very useful for touchscreen devices and the steam deck, thank you

This is an awesome tool!!!