New Tool (3.1): AB FX (Sep 2018)

New Alpha

I tried to use a doofer for this but the A/B buttons are tiny and the GUIs of plugins won`t stay open on A/Bing. So here is a tool for the job:

Download:
ledger.scripts.AbFx_V0.38.xrnx

Shortcut: AB FX
menu: Tools: Ledger`s Scripts: AB FX
menu: Device Lane: AB FX

• [Toggle All FX] button toggles all the fx in the track at once
  • [Bypass] button bypasses both popup selected fx at once
  • [Sel +1] button sets the selections in the popups to the selected device in renoise and the next device.
  • S to select the device in the track
  • Ed. to open its external editor if it has one
  • Choose the two fx you want to AB from the popups
  • A/B them with the large buttons

My Other Scripts:

Click for changelog
_v0.36  
_-Bypass button now works as a toggle rather than always off, priority given to both devices off, first_ 
_v.0.35 
_--When changing tracks the default popup values will be the selected device and the next one if possible. This is the same behaviior as when starting the tool for first time.  
_--more gui updating bug fixes_  
_v0.34_  
_-fixed bug when device was deleted at end of track and tool would not update properly_  
_-improved [Sel +1] button. Flashes green momentarily when successfully used, also disables when (in renoise) the mixer device, or last-device-in-chain is selected.  
_v0.31 ,0.32, 0.33   
_--fixes  
_v 0.3  
_--fixed bug where buttons were disabled on track change when there were devices present_  
_--added: [Sel +1] button which sets the selection in the popups to the selected track device and the next track device 
_--added numbering in the popups in the form 1) 2) 3)... to note devices postion in the track

v 0.3

–added: [Sel +1] button which sets the selection in the popups, to the selected track device and the next track device i.e. if track device 3 is selected in renoise then devices 3 and 4 will be selected in the popups.

–added numbering in the popups in the form 1) 2) 3)… to note devices postion in the track

–fixed bug where buttons were disabled on track change when there were devices present

0.31 and 0.32

–fixes

This looks really useful, thanks!

1 Like

It`s one I’m going to be using a lot before getting the credit card out for any new payware fx!

Should have made it a while ago! :slight_smile:

Useful of course in mixing too. It somehow seems easier to triangulate to a good sound when you`re ABing between 2 fx.

v0.34

-fixed bug when device was deleted at end of track and tool would not update properly

-improved [Sel +1] button. Flashes green momentarily when successfully used, also disables when (in renoise) the mixer device, or last-device-in-chain is selected.

v.0.35

–When changing tracks the default popup values will be the selected device and the next one if possible. This is the same behaviior as when starting the tool for first time.

–more gui updating bug fixes

v0.36
-Bypass button now works as a toggle rather than always off, priority given to both devices off, first

1 Like

Added new “Toggle All FX” button, to toggle all DSPs in the current track to On/Off