New Tool (3.1): I Can Haz Sequencer! (Dec 2017)

sorry, can’t remember which track, but that’s surely possible. Will try to replicate and play closer attention, though I see you’ve already fixed the particular bug :slight_smile: .

Yes the 0GFF case is fixed, but I need to go through all the other commands, mainly to catch when people may have put mistake/ out of range commands, it would cause a similar error… Still getting haunted by the 80`s 4 track paradigm (hack*) of anything goes anywhere… :angry:

Little known fact: Richard Branson was an early Soundtracker user: “it had a great influence on my best business ideas”

richard-branson-watches-attempt-on-most-

*awaits the backlash… :badteeth:

It seems to have picked up a “0Gxx” (Glide Towards Note) command that is out of range.

I can add some checks to catch these.

I didn’t know there was a ‘out of range’ on the G/U/D commands Ledger, I would’ve not applied any limit on those as they seem to accept a range as 00-FF is valid?

Couldn’t think of a Richard Branson backlash Ledge :slight_smile:

I didn’t know there was a ‘out of range’ on the G/U/D commands Ledger, I would’ve not applied any limit on those as they seem to accept a range as 00-FF is valid?

Glide goes from 1 to 16 (hex =10) then FF is for instant glide, so anything between 10 and FF is junk data (or at least all those values do the same thing). The thing to do with this tool I guess is to just treat them all as 16. I`ll have to do a bit more experimentation/ research on each command to get it all working right, and not having big areas of the sliders that seem to do nothing.

EDIT: works as expected see posts below

However I just did a quick test of this and there seems to be an unexpected difference with 16,17 and 18 in Glide:

In a render of this (16, 17, 18 used at the end of each note/ run of Glides), the middle render17 seems to come out different from 16 and 18??

Couldn’t think of a Richard Branson backlash Ledge :slight_smile:

No, I can`t imagine there being a Branson Backlash, unless anyone just got stuck late on one of his trains :slight_smile:

backlash would be conversations about the merits of limiting instrument numbers to tracks and fx commands to particular columns (mirroring the concept of the automation lane). I`m not a fan of trackers “anything anywhere”, not just from a scripting point of view but from a composing view aswell. These conversations open a bit of a can of worms though due to conflicting workflows/ habits people have…

EDIT: works as expected see posts below

In fact if you render all three out separately (Glide 16,17,18) and try and null any of the pairs by reversing polarity then none of the combinations do null.

-Boz Digitals Panipulator used for polarity reversal (earlier version used though):

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/panipulator/

XRNS:

Glide Phase Reverse Test.xrns

Sound different to me Ledger. I think you’ll find that the speed of the glide (G) and U and D can be > 16 (dec) not junk to the audio engine. Maybe we are looking at this in two different ways?

Ahh, I think I see I was reading the manual wrong:

-Gxx - Glide towards given note by xx 1/16ths of a semitone (01 is 1/16th of a semitone, 08 is half a semitone, 10 is a whole semitone). A value of FF will make the slide instant.

I presumed the range was capped at 16 (one semitone), but the semitones just keep repeating (incrementing) all the way to FF

(as you probably guess I am not a heavy sample command user, more VST + automation)

Full range on the sliders it is then…

Full range on the sliders it is then…

Yup sir I thought that was how you were interpreting the manual :slight_smile:

Yup sir I thought that was how you were interpreting the manual :slight_smile:

Ha, yes the programmers manual reading skills are certainly an important variable to consider…

New Version 0.25 in the first post

Latest 0.25:

1. new X row below the sliders.

-When chosen, the buttons will turn light grey when a slider is not at it`s default value, click on it to return the slider to its default.
-When a note will be deleted from the pattern editor the button will appear red as a warning

1. Note Textfields
    -You can now type notes in to the note textfields (boxes) at any time. In previous versions there needed to be a note already present.

also:

-Type letter o to insert a note off
-Type letter x to clear delete the note completely

1. Ranges for glide commands now cover the full and correct range

Latest 0.26:

1. instrument numbers for the renoise selected instrument are now added to the pattern editor, when adding notes via the text boxes/ fields

2. New [R] button next to the target note popup (very top row). Simply resets the note to C-4

3. The order of the notes in the target note popup has been reversed so that high notes are at the top of the list as would be expected

Latest 0.27:

Small bugfix

• Fixed problem in Grab mode where sliders that were not hilighted (not under selected red button) would not add the correct current target note.

New version to test:

0.28 (only uploaded at bottom of this post for now):

Automate your DSP FX

The way to start would be:

1. Add your device into renoise DSP lane

2. Start your song playing and put some automation into the pattern editor. i.e. Right-click dragging the devices parameter slider in renoise. Also make sure renoise is set to write pattern data and not automation envelopes from sliders

3. Click the FX button that corresponds to the column the data is in. Like In the screenshot above FX 2 has the filter cutoff data.

4. Now use tool to adjust data

Depending on the order of things done, it might be necessary to press the FX button a second time to register the new data, however when the tool is reloaded with already present pattern data, it will recognise it automatically.

Also new DELETE JUNK button added so if you have a column with

12xx

12xx

12xx

14xx

12xx

14xx or any other stray entries get deleted. The button applies to all 8 columns in the selected pattern_track.

Does this work in phrases?

Can it automate macros from within the instrument?

Does this work in phrases?

Can it automate macros from within the instrument?

1. No afraid its only in the pattern editor.

2. Only Instrument macro devices in the DSP lane of the pattern editor.

Dead link fixed in first post.

Just experimenting with a Delay Lane of extra rotaries underneath the sliders, as I found myself constantly going back and forth between ‘Note+Vol’ and ‘Delay’

Enable with the checkbox next to Delay.

Now in first post.

haz%20seq%20del%20lane

I’m starting to wonder if there is more to all the cat pics? Could it be that Ledger actually is a cat? You just can haz to wonderz.

1 Like

1 Like

Great tool. Thanks for sharing :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for feedback @BaraMundi!