New Tool (3.1): Mouse Warrior - New note editor

Video demo of older version: http://www.dailymoti…m/video/x3rszsn

Added note capturing from multiple patterns selected in the sequencer, more and better probabilistic models that work with chords and mono and polyphonic tracks and some bug fixes and tweaks.

So funny name :slight_smile:

Looks great!

Unfortunately getting this error when trying to open from menu, win7 64, rns 3.1 64bit

'C:\Users\P\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V3.1.0\Scripts\Tools\com.renoise.mousewarrior.xrnx\' failed to execute in one of its menu entry functions.

Please contact the author (MW) for assistance...

main.lua:407: attempt to query a non existing directory
stack traceback:
 [C]: in function 'filenames'
 main.lua:407: in function 'get_files'
 main.lua:2187: in function <main.lua:2177>

Looks like a very interesting tool! Reminiscent of Chahur’s Pattern XP replacement for Buzz in a way. (Which is a very helpful tool as well I might add).

However, I’m getting the same error as Ledger, Same OS specs but running 32 bit Renoise.

Cheers.

Try the new version. On the first run, select preset folder and run again.

Hmm, a question. “Preset folder”. I’m assuming this needs to be created somewhere previously to hold output from Mouse Warrior?

So, I did and it opened fine. Now … all I have to do is figure out how to use it. :slight_smile:

Cheers and thanks again!

Hmm, a question. “Preset folder”. I’m assuming this needs to be created somewhere previously to hold output from Mouse Warrior?

Correct. You can save captured notes (either a single column or all of track’s columns) to disk.

MW needs to be told the Presets directory each time I start Renoise. Anyway to save it from session to session?

Otherwise, I can just edit the source as I’ll probably only use a single directory for now.

Cheers.

MW needs to be told the Presets directory each time I start Renoise. Anyway to save it from session to session?

Otherwise, I can just edit the source as I’ll probably only use a single directory for now.

Cheers.

Fixed. Preferences should be stored now.

Cheers.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Very nice. Is there any way how to insert chords?
Waiting for the manual still :slight_smile:

Very nice. Is there any way how to insert chords?
Waiting for the manual still :slight_smile:

Yes, turn on ‘Poly’ and ‘Pat’, select track and instrument you want to work with and click on ‘Grab’ (only necessary for multi-note editing).

I was hoping the manual won’t be necessary :slight_smile:

fruitlyloooooooooooooops :panic: :w00t: :badteethslayer:

oh wait …

it’s more than only one note …

multi fruityloops stepsequencer :panic: :w00t: :badteethslayer:

thanks

btw

You cant edit the row where the play bar is

thanks

btw

You cant edit the row where the play bar is

Try the new version.

Here’s a little visual demo:http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3rszsn

hi, new user here, thx for this tool, ( I’m not a hexa type guy otherwise or who knows :smiley: )

anyway here is the version which not steal the keyboard focus from Renoise (route them back)

Small bug fixes and improvements (transpose bugs fixed, selections menu works, save expended with scale, key and lpb, internal scales and renoise scales match, repeat check box was redundant and got removed, transpose of repeated rows takes into account scale and key, hotkey to show the tool added)

Small bug fixes and improvements (transpose bugs fixed, selections menu works, save expended with scale, key and lpb, internal scales and renoise scales match, repeat check box was redundant and got removed, transpose of repeated rows takes into account scale and key, hotkey to show the tool added)

Hi fiasko

Is it necessary to choose a folder when starting the tool? In the previous version (other error) and in the current version, it returns error: line 2489 of the main.lua (No matching overload found, candidates…)I simply install the tool, the Setup window appears, without changing anything, I press OK and this error appears…The route that appears initially does not exist (c:\audio\Seqs), in case something helps (they are two non-existent folders).

Personally, I would avoid having to ask the user to choose a folder. It may be convenient to always use a folder inside the tool, if necessary. What do you keep in that folder?The mess of using folders is that it has to be compatible with the 3 types of OS (Windows, Mac, Linux). I use Windows 10.

Congratulations for this tool. Looks great!!!