New Tool: (3.1) Open Plugin Or (Detached) Sampler

Simple shortcut that will toggle open and close the GUI of a VSTi (instrument) or a detached renoise sampler depending what is selected in the instrument editor. Makes opening the sampler more consistant with opening a VSTi

-minor issue is that if you close the sampler via the [X] button, it takes 2 hits of the shortcut to open it again. This is due to there being no property to flag that the detached_sampler_visible in the API (as far as I can tell anyway)

Shortcuts:

• Toggle Open Plugin or Sampler

• Toggle Open Plugin or Sampler Mod View
    Toggles between the pattern editor and the sampler in docked modulation view (or plugin if present)

• Close All Open Plugin Editors
    NOTE: Will not close plugin GUIs contained in doofers

ledger.scripts.OpenPluginOrSampler_V1.3.xrnx

Changelog:

Click to view contents

v1.2
-Added shortcut:

“Close All Open Plugin Editors”
v1.1
-Added a second shortcut:
“Toggle Open Plugin or Sampler Mod View”
v1.01
-Added a notifier so that the sample editor will not be detached when a new song is loaded

1 Like

Was a bit annoying to have the sampler detached and in view on the start of a new song so:

v1.01

-Added a notifier so that the sample editor will not be detached when a new song is loaded

Added another sampler/plugin toggling shortcut, which I`ve recently found to be more useful:

Shortcut 2:“Toggle Open Plugin or Sampler Mod View”
Toggles between the pattern editor and the sampler in docked modulation view (or plugin if present)

Another shortcut that I had hanging around, that seems to fit this tool:

For the times you`ve got 30 plugin editors left open, but your index finger could only muster 29 clicks!

Shortcut 3:“Close All Open Plugin Editors”
-Closes all open plugin editors

In First Post

• “Close All Open Plugin Editors” shortcut now closes any editors that have been opened in the sampler dsp lanes (still not possible to close plugs from inside doofers though as not in API)