SliceMate 0.25 preview
I think I’ve fixed that issue (related to beat-syncing), but instead of just fixing and then releasing I decided to implement Forward, Backward Slicing too.
Not only that, I added an interesting feature called “Insert” too - which works like this (according to the updated docs):
click these buttons to insert existing slices into the pattern. Unlike with the other buttons, inserting will not create new slices. Note that the slices are automatically inserted with the actual playback duration - in theory, positioning the cursor at the trigger note and hitting “insert” repeatedly should create a seamless string of notes, recreating the full original sample.
I write “in theory”, because in practice there are numerous pitfalls to consider. Such as, the difficulty of fitting multiple notes on a single line.
For now, I’ve simply gone with the basic approach and, as long as you don’t screw too much around with the project tempo, things are fine.
And it’s a hugely useful feature - once you are deep in slicing mode, you can use this feature to quickly “extend” the slice you’re working on.
- Feature: Forward/backward slicing, using quantize
- Feature: Forward/backward fill, limited by scope (song, pattern, etc.)
- Feature: Slice insert (insert existing slices into pattern)
- Feature: Add “Step size” as quantize amount
- Cleaned up, rearranged GUI a bit
- Fixed: beat-sync issue (related to xLib)
- Fixed: re-use effect columns if values are identical (skip writing)
- Fixed: issue with invalid pos (first line in song)
Edit: attachment is temporarily offline. Come back a bit later