Playback Loop Selection
Playback Loop Selection or PLS play in loop the selection in the pattern editor from a key command. It also allows unmarking the selection and greater control of the loop selection. You can also set the selection with the mouse while the PLS is working.
- Go to “Renoise/Edit/Preferences/Keys: Pattern Editor:Selection:~ Playback Loop Selection” to link it (suggestion: [CTRL + ALT + L]).
- Go to “Renoise/Edit/Preferences/Keys: Pattern Editor:Selection:~ Unmarked Selection” to unmark the selection (suggestion: [SHIFT + CTRL + ALT + L]).
- Go to “Renoise/Tools:~ Playback Loop Selection” to configure some options…
The option “~ Turn OFF/PLAY All Other Tracks” is an aggressive way to control the state (OFF/PLAY) of all the tracks. Use it with caution! You can use the mouse pointer to select certain selection areas on the fly and only the tracks wrapped in the selection will sound.
This tool is not highly accurate at very high speeds (BPM and LPB very high). In this extreme case, you can play some line after the selection. It won’t happen with reasonable use of Renoise.
Playback Loop Selection v1.3.004, August 2020 (Recent)
- Added: new option: “~ Auto Select/~ Enable Select All Tracks”.
- Added: new option: “~ Disable PLS When Stop Song”.
- Added: new option: “~ Turn OFF/PLAY All Other Tracks”.
- Removed: column selection within tracks has been removed for convenience.
- Improved: part of the displayed text has been improved.
Playback Loop Selection v1.2.003, August 2020 (Old)
- Fixed: small spelling mistakes.
- Fixed: initial selection was not working properly due to inconsistent column selection.
- Improved: more consistent and orderly code.
Playback Loop Selection v1.1.002, August 2020 (Old)
- Added: more menu options.
- Fixed: the selection was lost when changing patterns in the sequence during playback.
Playback Loop Selection v1.0.001, August 2020 (Old)
- First release.
Thanks to @mat-weasel for suggesting this tool…