New Tool (3.2): The Deliverer

The Deliverer

Effortless Deliverables

The Deliverer is a batch rendering and archival tool for collecting mixdowns, stems, Renoise instruments, and raw samples, with customizable destination folders, export formats, and flexible naming for stems and mixdowns.

Other render tools didn’t fit my workflow, so I created The Deliverer to fill those voids. It can batch render any combination of Master mixdown, individual track stems, and grouped track stems (submixes), with customizable filenames and destination folders for each.

I built it to just work, with reasonable defaults for most use cases. It doesn’t render selections, it doesn’t export patterns separately, it just renders the song and all its stems—it’s my replacement for Renoise’s default Render To Disk dialog.

It’s also capable of exporting all XRNI instruments, and even raw samples, with each output sample filename encoded with information to make rebuilding an instrument easier (in a far future, dystopian post-Renoise world).

I also added preset management to be able to recall per-client, per-use case, or per-project settings easily.

Screenshots

What to render and where:
screenshot-01-deliverer-what-where
File naming preferences (default to Grammy Producers & Engineers Wing recommendations):
screenshot-02-deliverer-naming-grammy
Totally customizable file naming:
screenshot-03-deliverer-naming-custom
Available file naming variables/tokens:
screenshot-04-deliverer-naming-variables
Output settings, with separate settings for stems and mixdowns:
screenshot-05-deliverer-output-settings
Preset support for easy saving and recall of settings:
screenshot-06-deliverer-presets
Preflight window showing what will be created and where:
screenshot-07-deliverer-preflight-summary
Progress indicators (current task and batch progress):
screenshot-08-deliverer-render-process1
screenshot-09-deliverer-render-process2

v0.9:

• Fixed Windows path issues
  • Windows tested

v0.8:

• Render mixdown with custom settings
  • Render stems with basic naming convention
  • Specify custom folder for stem output (default: “Stems/”)
  • Specify custom folder for exported instruments (default: “XRNI/”)
  • Specify custom folder for exported raw samples (default: “Samples/”)
  • Export sliced samples separately
  • Setting: Flac or Wav for exported samples
  • Add support for custom naming scheme
  • Add preset management
  • Make sure selected base paths exist, create if not
  • Automatically create a containing folder based on song name
  • Fixed: If song is unsaved (new song), automagic file naming breaks
  • Decouple factory presets from user presets for saving/loading separate XML files, to avoid missing out when updates to factory settings are pushed

Known Issues

• Does not detect/delete empty/silent audio files
  • Untested on Linux (confidence: 100%)

Download

Download the latest version on The Deliverer’s tool page:
https://www.renoise.com/tools/the-deliverer

Please give it a go and let me know if you run into any problems. Stay safe out there—and make adventurous music.

27 Likes

I haven’t tried it yet, but this is a very thoughtful addition to Renoise’s Tools. Thank you!

Edit: Just downloaded it, tried it out, works great :smiley:

2 Likes

sounds really useful, so i immediately tried.
unfortunately, it won’t export anything here and always terminates with an error:

song was saved right before (even though i dont understand why that would be important anyway).
windows 10 user here.

Looks like the exclamation marks in your folder name might be causing the issue. Can you try on a folder without them?

Edit: Never mind, I need to push a fix for windows users.

tried different foldername combinations to no avail.

i guess so :wink:

Thank you, great tool indeed it save lot of time!

1 Like

This should work for you:
https://www.renoise.com/tools/the-deliverer

Edit: Link changed to tool page (instead of direct download to v0.9 XRNX, to avoid outdated versions floating around)

1 Like

this worked. highly useful tool - thanks mate!

3 Likes

Excellent, glad it worked!

btw: it would be nice if i could tell the tool to not create a new subfolder for each raw sample exported.

it also seems to return the same error message as posted above when i try export samples from a tune which cointains no samples.

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll have a look at it.

1 Like

An excellent addition to this tool would be batch song loading similar to:
https://www.renoise.com/tools/batch-render

I was actually working on a tool last week to batch load songs and export all instrument samples as .WAV,
merging the above tool, and:
https://www.renoise.com/tools/exportallsamples

Being able to easily batch a folder of songs into stems and samples at will would be rad.

Thanks!

2 Likes

That’s on my list!

1 Like

Superb. Works like a charm. /Mac OS X 10.15.7

1 Like

Thanks for making this amazing plugin, @dltfm! :pray: It serves all my needs and more. There’s just one thing I would love if The Deliverer did and that was to fold in the (poor) functionality I’ve built in Oversample, which is to:

… increase all quality parameters (such as “oversampling”, “quality”, “phase”, etc.) in all active devices in the song to maximum, so you get the best quality when rendering a song to WAV.

Since my knowledge of both Lua and Renoise’s API is terrible, Oversample is also quite terrible. But I’m certain that under your masterful stewardship, the crappy code I’ve written could be made to shine like a diamond within The Deliverer and thus render (pun intended) Oversample completely superfluous to my workflow.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

Hey @dltfm - thanks for this amazing tool!

Check out my post below. Would you consider adding the functionality I describe here, so that The Deliverer can extract effected stems exactly as they appear in the context of a song, which, when summed, would sound precisely the same as the master output? Essentially I realised, after trying to extract a set of “wet” stems, that muting unwanted tracks - rather than soloing as you go - produces stems that incorporate effects that are dependent on other tracks, eg a signal follower controlling the “ducking” of a stem you are extracting.

I love this tool.
can’t believe there isn’t an option to render group fx to indiviual tracks natively in Renoise… This helps… Thanks!

1 Like

can you add an optione for it to save each section into a sepreate file?

for some reason it assumes my tracks name is untitled :confused:

awesome! thank you for the hard work!