New Tool (3.3): Loop Marker Automation - v1.01

That first one is fantastic! I will have to dig into it tomorrow, never used macros.

I did a similar phrase like your other too (but using a part of a kick as a sample):
etro_croaky.xrni (5.8 KB)

138 BPM, 8 LPB.

Sorry for being off-topic :\ But the initial question remains, if it’s possible using this plugin :slight_smile:

ah, you get it. Not sure if a strict emulation is doable with this tool, but I imagine so. Perhaps @Achenar will weigh in.

Glad you like the squelch. it’s a psytrance staple, and easily done. saw wave with pitch modulation and resonant BP (or HP) filter. pitch mod and filter are moving in OPPOSITE directions. tune to taste, process as desired

cheers

1 Like

If we could get per phrase lpb & bpm control, speed controls outside of the songs general lpb & bpm, this would open so much more sound design possibilities. Hooking up these to macros, automation and/or special pattern commands to program gestures/textures per phrase.

2 Likes

Hi,

I actually found that the LPB can be set in a phrase, but, I do not know if it´s global or just for the specific phrase yet. See bottom left:

1 Like

I know, but the point is being able to automate this value, be able to change it over time per phrase.

1 Like

It is possible to create multiple (identical) phrases that have different lpb values and automate the phrase number via a hydra-tied instrument macros device. the only problem is that the phrase change only updates with a new note event, so, afaik, it’s not possible to have cleanly sweeping lpb values unless you have a phrase-triggering note event placed on every line (or every other). However, depending on the phrase’s construction, this can be a very useful modulation possibility!

Here is my phrase control doofer:
PHRASE control.xrdp (10.6 KB)

I usually just drop it into the instrument fx section and control the doofer macro via instrument macro

^this :slight_smile:

I begin to think it would be nice with a forum folder for specific “tricks”… I just watched a yt about mimicing a synthesized a classic detuned saw (used as a reece bass) but the setup is a valuable lesson.

Maybe im just thinking this because i used renoise so much lately. But it seems as renoise has so many possibilities that it sometimes feels impossible :slight_smile:

1 Like

there are some gems in the tip & tricks section: https://forum.renoise.com/c/tips-tricks/10

sometimes you gotta dig for em, but lots of good hacks and strategies :slight_smile: