New Tool (3.4) tint

It’s named “Barlow”. Its a complete font family.

Cool, thanks.

ahh sweeet, maybe Invert fuction for all the colors.?

You’re welcome @slujr!

Thanks @hotelsinus, I’ve added an Invert Colors button in the current version (0.3.0).

1 Like

thats kool-

but i mean invert colors in the selected track. invert the text colors and cursor (note vol pan dly and so on…)
you know i mean ?

Ah ok, unfortunately that’s not possible. The text colors are driven by the theme and you cannot have different ones just for the selected track.

1 Like

Hi unless!

I get an error with lastest tool version under Renoise 3.4.3 (x64).

Steps to reproduce…

1. Start Renoise
  2. Install the tool
  3. Hit Tab Key for Channel cycling a few times
  4. Call Tool Prefs Dialog over Renoise Mainmenu → tint
  5. Click Button “Invert Colors”

This Results in this error Message…

Hope it helps.

happy Tracking :slight_smile:

1 Like

i never heard of this tool! this is exactly what i want out of life!

and now, i think, it’s time to look at the script because this gives me an idea that i think i’m gonna absolutely love.

1 Like

Thanks for the report, I’ll look into it!

version 0.3.1

• Fixes crash on Invert Color reported by @NPC1

Hello unless!

Very quick response mate! Thx for all your work and for a fixed version of your awesome tool. :+1:

happy tracking :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for your tool - i’m trying to put off the highlights of the tracks - but each time i go to another track the highlights keep turning back on, even when the enabled checkbox is not checked. any ideas?

hi, what’s going on is you’re using both tint and Paketti, and they’re fighting amongst themselves. I’ve sent you information on how to disable what Paketti does, and that should help with making tint work properly. But I’ve also sent you some DMs about what you’re using tint for so we can figure out if there’s something i should add to Paketti or not :slight_smile:

perfect! problem solved

1 Like

I just realized one slight issue which is obvious if you know programming but Renoise pops up the “Save changes” dialog even when you make no changes and just open and close a song, I doubt there’s anything you can do about it though.

if you change the tint settings of the track, you have modified the song, though? :slight_smile:

yes it’s an unintended consequence, I suppose only taktik can come up with a “don’t show save notice on changes” flag for tools.

Unfortunately changing track colors from a tool is the same as changing it manually, so the song registers a change that can be saved or discarded, it makes tools behave in a way that their actions can be undoed by the user without the tool dev doing any work, which is a big win in most cases, but not here.

I asked for a feature in the API to allow bypassing this for this and other tools that do similar stuff. With that it would be possible to avoid this issue but there are possible problems with such feature that might not worth the few cases it’d be useful (see taktik’s response there) so it might never happen.

1 Like

Yeah I can understand that it can cause some havok but I hoped setting a global flag to ignore everything from a tool from going into the undo stack would work, that would be suitable for cosmetic tools like this.

That makes sense!