New Tool (3.4) tint

perfect! problem solved

1 Like

I just realized one slight issue which is obvious if you know programming but Renoise pops up the ā€œSave changesā€ dialog even when you make no changes and just open and close a song, I doubt thereā€™s anything you can do about it though.

if you change the tint settings of the track, you have modified the song, though? :slight_smile:

yes itā€™s an unintended consequence, I suppose only taktik can come up with a ā€œdonā€™t show save notice on changesā€ flag for tools.

Unfortunately changing track colors from a tool is the same as changing it manually, so the song registers a change that can be saved or discarded, it makes tools behave in a way that their actions can be undoed by the user without the tool dev doing any work, which is a big win in most cases, but not here.

I asked for a feature in the API to allow bypassing this for this and other tools that do similar stuff. With that it would be possible to avoid this issue but there are possible problems with such feature that might not worth the few cases itā€™d be useful (see taktikā€™s response there) so it might never happen.

1 Like

Yeah I can understand that it can cause some havok but I hoped setting a global flag to ignore everything from a tool from going into the undo stack would work, that would be suitable for cosmetic tools like this.

That makes sense!