New Tool: Toggle Reference Track

–added reference track sample name at top of tool

Beta 1.37

Testing welcome particularly with mac/ Linux due to file string handling - also some small potential for wrong samples being overwritten with [L] button function so please test with care

-Ref track readout is now a textfield, you can re-name loaded reference samples with it

-new [L] ‘Load’ button so you can browse your O.S. for a reference sample. It can also be used from startup instead of [Create Reference Track] button

-Samples now automatically have forward loop enabled in case you are using short samples as references

–NEW: When loading a new reference over the old with the [L] button, the script stops and restarts the transport playing. This means the new reference should start playing immediately on load. Side effect is pop/ crackle when using the it while reference track is not playing, but this is a less likely scenario

–fixed bug where [L] button would not initialise the correct sample as reference

Attachment 7723 not found.

Beta 1.37

Testing welcome particularly with mac/ Linux due to file string handling - also some small potential for wrong samples being overwritten with [L] button function so please test with care

-Ref track readout is now a textfield, you can re-name loaded reference samples with it

-new [L] Load button so you can browse your O.S. for a reference sample. It can also be used from startup instead of [Create Reference Track] button

-Samples now automatically have forward loop enabled in case you are using short samples as references

v1.39

NOTE: I`ve noticed since using the new scrub slider and even just loading/ unloading long samples in renoise itself; renoise can be prone to crashing (Win 7 64bit here). Would be great if others could help try and nail down the conditions so it can be reported properly as a renoise bug.

https://forum.renoise.com/t/lua-slice-markers-bug/48468

Two main additions along with minor stuff:

–added Scrub Slider: available when reference track is selected so you can change its start play position. i.e you are in pattern 1 in renoise and want to hear the chorus at 1.23 in the song then just move the slider along until you hear the right part playing

–Added a Mid: checkbox so that you can choose between having 2 or 3 buttons in the focus section, for more filter options of reference and song. When 2 bands are chosen cutoff is centred at ~ 700Hz

–In situation when reference track has C#4 note but no instrument number (deleted by accident somehow) : Pressing [L] Will first ask user to confirm the renoise instrument that has the reference track sample, via a new popup gui

–new default note is C#4 as the scrub slider uses renoise sample slices to operate

https://files.renoise.com/forum/uploads/7752-ledger.scripts.ToggleReferenceTrack_V1.39.xrnx

v1.39

NOTE: I`ve noticed since using the new scrub slider and even just loading/ unloading long samples in renoise itself; renoise can be prone to crashing (Win 7 64bit here). Would be great if others could help try and nail down the conditions so it can be reported properly as a renoise bug.

https://forum.renoise.com/t/lua-slice-markers-bug/48468

I have added a link to a similar bug, apparently caused by something else that may be related…

Just wanted to start a thread and found this. Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for that!
edit: Just tested it and that’s absolutely great!!

I will mainly use it with older mixes to see if there is any improvement or not.

1 Like