NI Guitar Rig 5 fails to initialize

Hi! I hope I´m just being an idiot, but…

Since I upgraded to version 3.2.1 for an unknown reason Renoise fails to load NI Guitar Rig Pro 5 VST. I’ve used it extensively with previous version(s), so perhaps I’m just doing something wrong.

The error I receive:
“Failed to initialize the plugin ‘VST: Native Instruments GmbH: Guitar Rig 5’.”

Can somebody hopefully please shed some light on this? Thanks in advance for your time! <3

What system are you on? Works fine for me on Win10 as VST64, no issues.

I don’t have Guitar Rig 5, but I had a similar issue with 4. It may have been in Cubase. Long story short, I discovered that after I opened the standalone version the first time (then closed it), then later opened the plugin in a DAW, the crashing no longer happened. I believe it had something to do with a UI initialization thing. Maybe give that a shot.

Thank you for the suggestion, alas it didn´t solve the issue. I´m also on Win10 running VST64. I guess I´ll reinstall GR5, hopefully that will help.

Reinstalling GuitarRig and Renoise did not solve anything, alas. Hopefully the issue will be resolved in later versions, I´ll keep an eye out. For now this is where me and Renoise part ways.

Does it still work fin in previous version of Renoise (you can install multiple Renoise versions side by side).

Is there something interesting in the logs (Renoise -> “Help” -> “Show the Log File…”)?

Guitar Rig works fine on the previous version of Renoise; I kept it installed so I can still access older work.

The log tells me:

VstPlugs: Trying to instantiate D:\Music\Plugins\Guitar Rig 64\Guitar Rig 5.dll
VstPlugs: Instantiate FAILED (MagicMatch) !!!

Audio Plugins: Failed to open plug VST: Guitar Rig 5

Exception: Failed to initialize the plugin ‘VST: Native Instruments GmbH: Guitar Rig 5’.

Error Message: Failed to initialize the plugin ‘VST: Native Instruments GmbH: Guitar Rig 5’.

Thanks so much for your time, taktik!

Are there other “Guitar Rig 5.dll” files in you plugin path? Instantiate FAILED (MagicMatch) basically means that this is not a VST plugin dll, but some other system dll file.

Try setting the VST path in Renoise to the folder where exactly the plugin is located to ensure that it’s the right one.

Have you tried clearing/deleting Renoise’s VST cache files (while Renoise is not open). See Renoise -> Help -> “Show Preferences Folder…” for the folder location.

If all this doesn’t help, please send us the full log file…

THANK YOU <3 <3 <3

Clearing the cache solved the issue: I can now use the 32bit plugin in Renoise

I have both the 32bit and 64bit dll’s installed (always have), perhaps this caused the problem? There’s no other dll-file in either folder with even remotely the same filename.

You are my hero, taktik

No, this should be handled just fine. The 32bit version only is used when the 64bit isn’t available. No clue why your 64bit version of Guitar Rig doesn’t work. It definitely should.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.