Noob question :)

Hi all
Sorry for the noob question, but where can I find a list of commands to insert into the tracker, for example, to slow down time or jump to a certain pattern, I know they exist but I don’t know what they are called, so doing a search is difficult for me. If you can give me a little push at least to clarify the initial things, thanks in advance.

ps
it will surely be written somewhere in the forum, but since I don’t know the name, I don’t know how to search

txs

It’s called “pattern effect commands” and you can find them right here in the manual. But they’re usually only working if you’re using samples, they don’t work when using VSTs.

1 Like

Meanwhile TNT thanks for the reply!
but a curiosity, are you talking about everyone commands?
for example the command to load a certain pattern or the execution speed for example, don’t they even work?

Of course commands for speed (“Global Commands”), turn devices on/off (“Device Commands”) etc. work in any case. But the commands like slide up/down, vibrato or whatever only work when you’re using samples, that’s why they’re also called “Sample Commands”. Just read the manual, everything is described there. Or just try and look what happens. :wink:

all clear! thanks :slight_smile:
so a hybrid song (which contains both samples and vst) would only work in the sample track but not in the vst track

ThX TNT

happy noises ! :slight_smile:

If you’re a “hybrid song producer” just like me, you can only use these effect commands in your tracks that contain sample notes, yes. You cannot use them in tracks that contain VST notes. If you want to manipulate VST instruments, you gotta do it within the VST itself or with some other effect devices in your effect chain. If you’re using samples you can manipulate them by pattern effect commands and/or effect devices within your effect chain.

perfect, just what I wanted to know!! , you were a great help!
I would like to become one, I know how to work on Cubase, on Logic and on almost all of this kind of programs, I knew how to work well. protraker and octamed (amiga), but finally something hybrid can be done :smiley:

for me it’s a big step :slight_smile:

thx & ciao :slight_smile: