OSX Catalina: “Renoise Redux.vst” can’t be opened because it can't be checked

I just bought Redux, trying to install got this message:

“Renoise Redux.vst” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

Searched the help forum and found this:

Didn’t work for me though.

Trying to install it on Catalina 10.15.5, using FL Studio 20.7.

I get the “Do you want to verify anyways?” in Mac’s System Preferences app, but when I click on “Okay” it doesn’t do anything.

Are you sure that this is the most recent version of Redux? Redux 1.1.2 is signed and notarized, so this should no longer happen.

To make sure it’s the most recent version please remove all the installed versions and download Redux 1.1.2 from the backstage again.

Yeah it’s the latest version. Like I say I just bought it, and downloaded the latest version, 1.1.2.

Scanning the VST with the plugin scanner in FL Studio doesn’t work though.

Got it to work:

1. uninstalled the VST version
  2. reinstalled it
  3. scanned again

I think what happened was the license file didn’t get registered for some reason. I tried to use Redux first in Fl Studio, and that’s when I ran into this problem, but when I used the AU in Logic it asked for the license file and that’s when I registered it properly, and for whatever reason the VST version did not work until I went through steps 1-3 as noted above.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.