Piano Roll for renoise 4

I don’t care about the piano roll but I would like to see future versions of Renoise come with PIZZA ROLLS, for extra sosig.

4 Likes

Is it even confirmed there will be a year 2030? Because that’s when I expect Renoise 4 to get here…

4 Likes

^1000% this

^1000% this

3 Likes

1000! this

1 Like

Piano roll for Renoise 4 leaked

4 Likes

Brilliant, when posters say “No piano roll” its discussion in a forum, when posters say “Piano roll would be cool” its demanding or complaining haha.

So what happened to you all?
Did an Atari ST running Cubase knock on your door in 94 and give you a punch in the face or what hahaha.

There will never be a piano roll, the developer already said that, get over it, you won whatever battle you imagined was there about piano rolls in you closed little grey cells.

Ahh now is the point of hijack the thread?! I have say it… toxic!

Did you not see my more detailed response above?

Nah, my Dad said he was going out for a new piano roll and never came back.

2 Likes

“I disagree with somebody online, I know, I will use the super secret magic word…TOXIC”

True. To me the only benefit is telling at-a-glance how long a note is but still, that’s not nothing.

Sure, but if your Nintendo Switch could play Switch games AND Saturn games it would make it better than the competition. Likewise, a DAW that has a tracker and piano roll is better than a DAW with access to only one or the other, because it would appeal to a larger audience.

This is a fair argument. The optimal solution would be incorporating one of the existing tools users have already built. In my experience, they are actually pretty good anyway.
I’ve been using the Simple Piano Roll tool myself, because as a musician and not someone who has used trackers for years, I really appreciate the visual representation of notes. If something doesn’t sound right I can just move a little rectangle around in a split second.

1 Like

Man you’re gonna be scaring the Ableton elitists hahahaha

1 Like

That and at-a-glance pitch of course.

Personally I find that better served with the tracker, but to each their own.

Nah you don’t really need piano roll for most of the popular-electronic-experimental-noise-music renoise is good to use for:

• id say get a good wide range midi keyboard and/or a general midi keyboard with midi-out - and practice hearing the notes in your head
  • so you already know what you want to put in the sequencer before putting it in into sequencer

there are already lots of good DAWs with good piano rolls

I could be persuaded to agree, that perhaps, just by using the preexisting font engine - there are better ways to represent the notes - especially for chords.

:wink:

There’re a lot people who make better music with Renoise than others with the most feature packed DAWs.

3 Likes

There are a lot of people who make better music…what a nonsense comment in and of itself, musical taste is subjective and personal, to even bring that in to a discussion about the tools used, fail.

1 Like

The quality of the music is down to the individual person, regardless of the tool used. In the end they all do exactly the same thing, so it’s not really fair to say one program yields better results than another.

4 Likes