Pingpong Lfo

ok, maybe there’s an easy solution. if not, i think i have a great feature idea.

i want an additional option for the (custom) lfo to have ‘pingpong’ next to ‘one shot’. (preferably i’d have both option for non-custom lfo’s as well)
what i mean is that the reset-button will trigger the lfo first starting from the left, and second starting from the right. that way, you can use the key-tracking device to trigger the reset-button on the lfo, and for example control panning left/right variations on each successive note. this is but one use ofcourse, but its how i came across this request.

so:

[reset] ---------> [reset] <---------- [reset] ---------> [reset] <----------

the alternatives for doing the panning-thing are (as far as i’m aware) only the panning column/panning effect command, or of course automation of the panning. simply doing keytracker > lfo reset can only trigger one end of the value spectrum on command.

hope you all get it what i mean, and hope someone chimes in.

bumperboats

nobody? or am i barking up an old tree here?

I guess your ideas can easily be overcome.
the custom LFO can be custom used to create an LFO shape that it has a pingpong effect by simply mirroring the first half to the second half.

so you mean a custom LFO which is essentially 2 LFO-curves in 1, and using the ‘reset from position’ function to select either the 1st or the 2nd of the LFO-curves?
hmm, yeah, that could work i guess.

however, i still think the LFO device should be extended with more possibilities for envelopes etc. but that is besides this particular point. thanks for the tip!

i’m bringing this one up once again. it needs more attention (imo). how about we make the ‘One Shot’ button a 2-option box which lets you select between ‘One Shot’ and ‘PingPong’? that would be quite unobtrusive.

+1

We should even ask a custom LFO that also behaves like the envelopes in the instruments settings tab, with the forward / loop / backward / pingpong, sustain point, and fadeout speed. It’s for me a very, a very important thing.

^ ah, someone agrees! :)

i think it would be a good thing if the LFO would be expanded. everytime i want to do something a bit more complicated i need a chain of effects which sends my CPU soaring. even a little improvement in this area would probably mean less CPU-cycles i think. but of course i might be wrong here.