Plans for Renoise?

Hohoho an Admin… Yes, because i’m so unhinged and borderline and toxic i offered him my help and cowork. Oddly enough my themes he gladly accepted. He came extra to my discord for that!?! And now find the trick :wink:

Yes i wrote sometimes fairly straight and direct. I wrote and write exactly what i’m thinking. I value truth and truthfulness very much and don’t be afraid to say them even if it was to my detriment. I believe if you never say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. And yes i know many people can’t handle this, because they are Liars in a lying society. They don’t want to hear the truth. I understand that. You don’t feel well and it makes you uncomfortable because it holds a mirror up to you. And they want not see whats in the mirror is.

I never want anything other as to help for a project for what i burn in my heart. Renoise does make many things right, but has some weaknesses to. I recognized and get aware about the untapped potential which is in it. I wanted help make it better for all users. But it was easier to knock down ideas. On rational arguments was responded with feelings. On concrete offers to help was not responded, or when, then with unspecific evasive answers. I’m sorry for that i Identify weaknesses. I’m sorry for reporting bugs that the devs not want handle. And I apologize 1000 times that i recommend an additional alternate input method. I’m sorry that i have more expected from the devs and this community.

And you are right, this was my problem!

2 Likes

This thread probably ended up becoming a good case in point for why going open source would more likely end up killing the software.

16 Likes

After 10 years I finally decided to migrate out of Renoise to Reaper…

The reason is simple - performance.

Reaper can run almost twice as much plugins on my 14 core xeon with the same project structure, while Renoise always stuck at 50% real cpu load and 99% engine load no matter what I do…

I tried to use AudioGridder (locally), and it nailed the performance problem… but sadly it’s too unstable and buggy to be really usable (random plugins just stops producing sound for whatever reason =).

I LOVE Renoise workflow, but… well, Reaper can do basically the same thing with HackeyTrackey plugin. Will still use Renoise for sampling though, but not as main DAW now.

7 Likes

Yes, I’m technically a forum admin/moderator – and years before that I was a member of the Renoise team itself, working alongside @taktik – but first and foremost I’m just another Renoise user and human being here on the forum… so you shouldn’t expect any special treatment from me, nor be surprised if I talk shit back to you as a fellow person/user/whatever! :slight_smile:

My forum name is “dblue”, my real name is “Kieran Foster”, but I’m also known elsewhere as “illformed”. I have nothing to hide, and I’m very easy to find.

Hi! :hugs:

10 Likes

I remember that from ages ago , but isn’t it just some of the shelf manga figure ?
I’ve never looked at it in a sexual context and I don’t think th developer did either ( dambrien ) , but yeah it was stupid anyway

Seriously don’t even argue with encrypted mind , the guy has a long standing history of complete wack
Unless I am mistaken him for someone else …then of course I apologise
noppes …it’s him …LOL

1 Like

Indeed, it probably would end up similar like SoundTracker on Amiga, but without structure and relevant improvements, not to mention the stability. Instead of demanding penetratingly a piano roll forever on repeat, those who want a piano roll so bad could team up and build a tracker that includes a piano roll themselves (especially those who claim to be coders), call it “Pianoise” or whatever and never ever “need to” ask aggressively for a piano roll in Renoise again. If they would like to get money for that even if they claim to burn for it, that project could be supported through a kickstarter campaign. Everybody would be happy.and the limited resources of the Renoise dev team could furthermore be used effectively. :wink:

1 Like

Dude still obsessed with piano rolls. I’m starting to suspect you actually want some. You’re probably the person who has typed “piano roll” the most times in this forum! Hahahaha

Nobody is being aggressive afaik. You’re the one who got into defensive squire mode for no reason. The piano roll subject was addressed over 200 posts ago by the dev and you’re still at it. Touch grass, dude!

2 Likes

Oh, I was mistaken! The person who said piano roll the most times in this thread is actually @ToybOx

We should make a scoreboard!

1 Like

I just wanted to remind everybody that it won’t be implemented, a piano roll that is.

4 Likes

Taktik made it very clear already. No need to watch his back. Chill.

Ps: I’m not a peeanoroll bro. I prefer some crunchy Excel sheets. Just pointing out cuz it’s funny.

2 Likes

You would think that, but clearly it hadn’t been picked up by NPC. Im still not sure it has…

I’m starting to suspect he’s actually 5 kids in mom’s basement alternating on the keyboard to see who can shitpost harder :keyboard: Gotta say stuff 5 times so each kid gets the info.

2 Likes

Don’t be ignorant. @dblue didn’t say this without a reason, don’t you think? That’s the common behavior of this dude. And I’m just one of many persons who answered to a tiny fraction of those aggressive demandings on repeat, because it’s simply annoying, especially after years of senseless ranting. There are several reasons for not having a piano roll in Renoise, and those reasons are legit. So the only solution for those people is to switch their DAW or to build a DAW themselves,

Well, I think everybody in this forum knows who used that word the most, and for sure it’s not @ToybOx . :wink:

2 Likes

piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll, piano roll.

7 Likes

I dunno. You’re showing signs of being obsessed with this theme. You’re dragging and reviving the subject for no reason :rofl:

1 Like

Hey, that’s cheating! The scoreboard will have that in mind.

:musical_keyboard: :roll_of_toilet_paper::poop: :love_letter:

pianoroll shitposting is a time-honored tradition 'round these parts

5 Likes

Who can shitpost harder?

5 kids stacked in a raincoat with a RGB keyboard, demanding a piano roll

Versus

1 upset Renoise user

1 Like

i dunno. I am 5 kids stacked in a raincoat with a RGB keyboard, so it’s hard for us to say

4 Likes