Plans for Renoise?

Despite the fact that this project has been stagnant for a few years now, I love it. I understand that one person cannot devote all their time to this project. Perhaps it is worth thinking and selling this project to a some company that is willing to work more actively with this project?

Message to all noobs who got into renoise ( because what did you expect really …? )
-Don’t buy renoise if you can’t gell with the tracker workflow -, period.
-Stop suggesting for a piano roll , for the same reason why us hardcore renoise users don’t suggest for a tracker interface on the bitwig-ableton-fl studio forum
-You buy a tracker becasue it’s a tracker , simple as that
-Get over it , piano rolls won’t happen … Never …Ever …and that’s a good thing

7 Likes

But I do this regularly :badteeth: Also before each release, I spread fake news that the Bitwig team finally is adding a tracker view. You can’t imagine the anti reaction. …Ok maybe I am not a hardcore Renoise user.

1 Like

I really really really hope that never happens.Immediately it would turn to shit.I’m glad taktik is the one who controls it, the entire time I’ve used Renoise all the updates have been great, there has never been a wrong move.

I imagine if it was sold the first thing that would happen is that renoise would become a subscription service and to make it more accessible to the mass market, the tracker interface would disappear, replaced by a big children’s piano roll with nice Crayola colours so that all the ham heads can fiddle around with it nice and easy.Maybe a nice dancing anime girl that pops up as your track plays back.

Maybe they would come down nicely on the forums so they can tightly control what’s said, make sure no one gets their feelings hurt!

5 Likes

You argue like Bill Gates → “Nobody ever needs more as 640 KB!”

And i can you clearly say whats a good point for using pianoroll in Renosie is. Effective change of individual Note-lenghts in melody production. I dont want mess with the shitty Note off’s. In this case the selection of individual notes for editing in a complex melodyline and changing the Note-lenght via input method of Pianoroll is superior to the Tracker input method like it is implemented in Renoise. Simply try the simple pianoroll tool and test it by your own!

Piano roll wont be implemented, we have been over this!

2 Likes

[quote=“ToybOx]:., post:123, topic:71327, username:ToybOx”]
Piano roll wont be implemented, we have been over this!
[/quote]

The Statue of Liberty is broken!..
hear_no_evil
:laughing:

Left turn here but i went to the Statue of Liberty and it was crap, if anybody is considering going to see it don’t bother,waste of time.

4 Likes

Hi all
here we waste more time reading the responses and comments to the proposals than the proposals themselves.
To avoid flames and pedantic personal logic, perhaps only user proposals should be written. limit personal views.

I think it’s only the code producers’ job to read & select good ideas that are feasible or not…

3 Likes

You don’t get it pale, but thats not important. You brought not a single technical or ergonomic or workflow argue in this discussion. So only stays left for me answering you…

bla…bla…bla…Mr. Freeman! Bla…bla…bla!!! :smiley:

happy tracking :wink:

No i just tried to get the point across to you that the piano roll won’t be implemented, that’s all.
Also the piano roll has been an idea floating around longgggg before you got here,so you didn’t suggest anything new at all.

1 Like

Then use the Piano R…tool
Problem solved

Do you have read the entire thread?

No it’s not fixed. And i use this Tool already. But it’s hacked and gives not the user experience that it should/could give, because of the Renoise API limitations. If there will be a native Pianoroll, OR AN HARDWARE ACCELERATED AND MOUSEEVENT DRIVEN CANVAS-CONTROL IS AVAIABLE FOR RENOISE! THEN FINALLY THIS PROBLEM WILL BE SOLVED!

Then use fruity loops
:slight_smile:

happy tracking :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This. People fail to realize their needs are not equal to everyone else’s. We could stay here forever just rambling and pointing fingers at the suggestions people make, because we have different needs and experiences in music production. It’s just pointless… What pisses me off is the “software guardian” behavior when someone criticizes Renoise for the lack of certain features. People just throw themselves in front of critics as if they were bullets shot at the devs.

So yeah. This.

4 Likes

It gives off vibes that some users would actually stop using Renoise altogether if certain features were added.

“No piano roll or we riot” :rofl:

@icasiino
Imagine the presentation if Renoise would have a piano roll. The tracker guys would be pissed and the piano roll lovers would give a shit, because there are a lot of everywhere featured “fancy” piano roll DAWs already. In the end there would be a chance of Renoise disappearing completely from the radar sooner or later.

Yes, that’s why there are different DAWs. But I get what you want to say. :slightly_smiling_face:
So we can close the circle here with what @taktik already said:

3 Likes

But people DO suggest for a tracker interface in the Bitwig and FL Studio forums lol, you need to hang out there sometimes, there’s even plans for an FL Studio tracker.

Piano roll for Renoise makes no sense imo. If you need a piano roll use something else

9 Likes

People are digitally spoiled(me too). They(me) want all and everything, working within all and everything and have it all inter connectable together. And pay 99.9Eur for all the past and future versions.

They should be given Intel 486 with some oldscool tracker and be locked in a shed somewhere in the middle of Mirkwood with a bag of Shire Leaf and not be let out until they have a full LP with dancehall crashing jungle beats.

6 Likes