Plans for Renoise?

One can run Redux VSTi inside FL, or FL VSTi inside Renoise. Or use ReWire( or Jack in Linux).

1 Like

Literally the only reason I used to use FL in Renoise was for the playlist. I used DDMF audio send to track it out. I still had my Tracker training wheels back then :sweat_smile:

You were the one who couldn’t distinguish being rude to somebody from expressing an opinion about a thing, right? And btw, this opinion was based on facts. Not to mention the fact that you were the one who started being rude to a person by calling this person a “boomer”. Anyway, thanks for the reminder. I always have to keep in mind that there are people in the Renoise forum who are still almost kids, and usually sissified kids of today tend to be whining all the time because they always feel insulted and obviously cannot deal with other opinions. Not to mention that reactions to a suggestion like a dancing sprite in a DAW that was created for music production only are self-explanatory, predictable and right. Anyway, just keep suggesting. It’s totally fine as long as those suggestions make sense and would improve Renoise in terms of MUSIC PRODUCTION. :wink:

1 Like

Right, fully agreed with this. This is the reason too, why i reduce my postings in this Forum to a minimum since longer time. A fraction of some people that screams other opinions down for ideology, and the reaction to bugreports with the instruction “Do not do this!”. Factually existing errors like the “Drag&Drop WindowMode starting bug” will be answered with “…here is a workaround” and “…for me it’s all fine, i dont have any problems”. (with the intention to suggest the thread opener are talking shit).

happy tracking :slight_smile:

That’s no joke. FU old Cubase!

3 Likes

My PTSD just kicked in at the mere mention of Steinberg. I guess Vst technology came at the price of terrible interfaces lol. I’m showing my age now :older_man:t5:

1 Like

Haha I’m with you, I acquired a bit of hardware back then and gave it a shot but Cubase and its piano roll concept was terrible in particular for us who grew up using trackers, but people who can play piano just record their notes, do a bit of quantization, nudge a few notes and voila, I think that is probably the most efficient way to work. What’s really funny though is watching famous EDM producers sit there fiddling with their mouse trying to paint the notes, that always put a wry smile on my face :joy:

Thankfully Taktik started creating Renoise which turned out great and he deserves all the cake in the world!

5 Likes

I hate mice or is it mouses when it comes to computers? :thinking:

pretty sure it’s meece :mouse2::mouse2:

2 Likes

A visual representation of this thread:

6 Likes

No reaction to my last post? Am i shadowbanned already?

Lol, gotta love the passion in this community :fire:
A little chaos is good for the soul, imo

@NPC1 your posts are visible afaict

1 Like

Ok thx for the info mate.

1 Like

There you go:

Yes, instead of demanding a piano roll 10 times per day, it’s 10 times per month now. :+1:
You’re still always leaving your hide as soon as the word “piano roll” comes up, regardless of the thread. How about posting some music, giving some mixing hints, showing some techniques, trying to help in case of problems, providing some data just like a template or doing something similar instead of permanently demanding a piano roll? That would make sense and would help other users, right? The only thing that you’re doing besides demanding a piano roll is to provide some themes now and then. What about music related stuff?

Yes, it was quite an experience… :wink:

Maybe in case of composing melodies, but not when we’re talking about drum beats or other rhythm related stuff. Anyway, you could record also in Renoise if necessary. It’s similar, but indeed it’s not optimal.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl: I love this place

1 Like

But generally quite excellent themes from @NPC1 imo

Did you see the reply from TNT? I think he smoked you good. There’s no way of coming back from that.

wtf-icegif-6

You want a calculator in renoise? What kind of, a general-purpose, or with special functions for music? A special function calculator is actually an idea for a tool I had, so I could calculate some common things without a calculator. Normally I just use another calculator app for such jobs. But you could easily make a tool that gives you a calculator with all the extra functions you want for your music, even formula recognition so you could enter math formulas for your calculations, i.e. ratios or using variables… Just somebody who can code proper lua and has a spare time to go for has to go for the job and build such a tool.

Other than that, with the demands from people to open source renoise. I think it would be a legit undertaking to recode renoise from scratch as an open source software. Like “OpenRenoise” or whatever…then for people to fork and build their own functionality into it. When the original devs even admit that the code is messy at places and has legal ties to libraries that cannot be opened, then it might even be a legit idea to consider a start from slate blank. There’s enough documentation etc. for the file formats, effects or whatever, and you could reverse engineer the rest, so you could rebuild the DSP in some way to get a working version. The native DSP probably won’t sound the exactly same without the very same filter code etc., so exactly rebuilding old songs might be difficult without access to the original DSP. But it’d be a start and then people can just start implementing the features they want into the open source version. But please don’t underestimate the work that has to go into such a rewrite, it’s a complex software, it needs to be properly planned and would take a long time for a single person to do. And in the end - it’s not the same, it is not the original Renoise inside the machine.

1 Like

Classic TNT style…

Producing self at the unimportents lines from others post and ignoring argues and detailed points in a response. And yes, i would want to have both imput methods in Renoise. Tracker and Pianoroll. Why? I described it very detailed in some threads here. But this will ignored permanently from you. Your entire acting here in many post’s is like an arrogant, showmaking, selfloving and self upblowing type of character. How many someone has contributed for the community, or how much impact the content of a post is allowed to have, is measured from you as how many post’s the person have leaved here. Several times i can remind to read lines like …“only x post’s” or “not very much posted here” in your reactions. Argues for better visuals and ergonomics or enhanced workflows are backwarded mostly with “I have no problems!” and “for me is all superp” instead of really reflecting user suggestions under the fact that’s change is not only maked exclusively for you!!! You presume to speak for everyone. But surprise! You do not!!! And as long you acting like this i give a shit on your statements! :slight_smile:

PS. If you now angry to me and want remove your template from Themes & Stuff Discord leave a line her. I drop it then.

happy tracking :slight_smile:

1 Like

General purpose, its a silly suggestion. I wouldn’t expect one to be implemented.