Play a selection of a sample in any note... instantly!

Yeah! It shouldnt be replacement just an example!

Btw. I dont have this synth but i might buy it. It looks like a great entry to granular synthesis.

Would be awesome to be able to control all basic sample playback parameters especially Start, Loop Start, and Loop Length via slider, macro, and/or command

Shelled out some cash for Redux, no feature detected like in this thread, still in love with Redux very much :dribble: :drummer: GREAT sample-mangling tool, although it has no sound-exploration feature like meantioned in this thread :mellow: oh well :badteethslayer:

edit: Ouch: just read about everywhere that the features of Redux will be available to Renoise someday, and that makes my purchase feel dumb. :unsure:

edit2: I cancelled my purchase and deleted the software, I shall first learn to use phrases properly in Renoise. By the time I get the hang of them; Renoise will have a build in “Redux”…

oh well, back to Renoise where everything is how I ever wanted (I hope to see keyjazzing on sampleselection one day though).

+1 for such a great idea!

I’d like to bump this a bit into 2016 :wink:

+1, once again, for good measure

I’ve missed this a lot sometimes!

Ideal thing to do would be to have a knob/key-combo to instantly turn keyzone temporarily into only one zone with configable root-key per sample (or better: derived from any keyzone that sample already has) and only the selection on it - bypassing instrument fx and track fx on demand (configurable).

It really sucks to playback selections (exploring samples, cutting them), but not being able to playback the selection in the desired speed.

Please put such feature on the 3.2 todo list!

I’ve missed this a lot sometimes!

Ideal thing to do would be to have a knob/key-combo to instantly turn keyzone temporarily into only one zone with configable root-key per sample (or better: derived from any keyzone that sample already has) and only the selection on it - bypassing instrument fx and track fx on demand (configurable).

It really sucks to playback selections (exploring samples, cutting them), but not being able to playback the selection in the desired speed.

Please put such feature on the 3.2 todo list!

For a tracker that relies so heavily on samplebased power instead of VST’s, I believe there should be some priority attached to… sample exploration.
And you sir, described it a little closer how it would look cool in Renoise 3.2

Yeah, renoise is not about big libraries but about small chunks that you find and transform…

1 Like

Still nothing here? :frowning:

1 Like

How about using a slice marker for auditioning? You can freely move it around and when you need to hear a different note you can transpose the instrument using instrument settings on the right side.

Sure it’s not the same functionality, but perhaps this could be useful for some…

How about using a slice marker for auditioning? You can freely move it around and when you need to hear a different note you can transpose the instrument using instrument settings on the right side.

Sure it’s not the same functionality, but perhaps this could be useful for some…

Nice found Emre_k ! this is actually a pretty good shot in the direction i’m looking. Although still not perfect, very sweet pointing this out :slight_smile: thanks for this awesome hint.

edit: oops, saw a Dutch word in here haha.

bump :frowning: must have… feature… aargh :frowning:

oh no, my idea is not dead… as a matter of fact, I registered MANY years ago and I want to have this sample-exploring feature everyday! Please developers, take a look at it for the sake of retronic music :wink:

I’ve found that Renoise 3.1 can actually achieve this very thing!

It’s a pretty useful technique, so I’ve made it available in the tips&tricks section:
https://forum.renoise.com/t/play-samples-from-any-position-in-any-pitch/46801

I’ve found that Renoise 3.1 can actually achieve this very thing!

It’s a pretty useful technique, so I’ve made it available in the tips&tricks section:
https://forum.renoise.com/t/play-samples-from-any-position-in-any-pitch/46801

People that are lost souls in this thread, behold this link - it’s still not perfect but matches 99% the idea where my post is going :slight_smile:

still bumping this in 2017 :wink:

… and way in 2018 :slight_smile:

recap: select a piece of sample, expect to play that? doesnt? ctrl+t and now it does…
you have to ctrl+t for every selection but that kinda works…

I like the solution using a slice marker and a one note phrase triggering the marker the most. because you can quickly move the marker, and it will make playing position of the sample skip at the same time as you move it. let’s make a script that will auto set up this with a simple key command.

when I press enter on a selection it plays the selection, but when I play notes it doesnt… so close yet so far away… :confused: