Play a selection of a sample in any note... instantly!

Thanks Sam. Aaaaaand thanks for bumping the topic :D

Could you believe it? just select a piece and smack away at the keyboard. To produce delicious new sounds in any pitch in 1 mouseclick…
Oh the day it’s in there I would jump holes in the air.

I think I would pay at least 200 euro’s for it right now.
Haha if I could bribe on of the devs and need to pay in advance, no problem ;)
But that sounds rude :rolleyes:

[edit: ohhhh those tags again when using the preview editor…]

Best suggestion :) Please make this happen!

Oehhh great! another fan of adding this little tweak to our Renoise lives :D
Thank you Speeeh for the support of the topic. :yeah:

It would make me relive the samples again, rediscover what I missed years ago, explore new sounds, make that dull sound to work as a synth, hear the difference it what sounded the same…
Yes, select a piece of sample, smack on the keyboard and start the smiles :D

uh oh, i’m not gonna let this thread die.

SELECT, JAM, ENJOY, REPEAT

gogogo :smiley:

+1

miss this since day 1 of using renoise, not even for live, just for exploring the sample

edit: aka would totally pay for this!!

miss this since day 1 of using renoise, not even for live, just for exploring the sample

edit: aka would totally pay for this!!

I would shove out 200 euro’s or around 270 dollars for this to be developed any time. Maybe even higher :slight_smile:

Exploring a sample is a core feature, something that should be very easy and straightforward in a sample based program…(yeah ok not totally sample based xD, there are VSTi’s etc).

bump because i totally needed this the last few days…!!!

bump because i totally needed this the last few days…!!!

Just before I start Renoise again, let’s check the forum; ahhhh support :slight_smile:
TY for bumping up this topic.

ilski, the day that this feature is implemented, let’s have a virtual party ^.^

here I am again, struggling with a large sample, playing on different pitches I test the awesome harmonics inside… only to fight the nasty cut&paste jungle and loading / undo waiting times that makes no sense.

I JUST WANT TO PLAY A PIECE OF A SAMPLE IN A DIFFERENT PITCH, it’s rocketscience… rocketscience :unsure:

here I am again, struggling with a large sample, playing on different pitches I test the awesome harmonics inside… only to fight the nasty cut&paste jungle and loading / undo waiting times that makes no sense.

I JUST WANT TO PLAY A PIECE OF A SAMPLE IN A DIFFERENT PITCH, it’s rocketscience… rocketscience :unsure:

ahah welcome to my everyday struggle :frowning:

ahah welcome to my everyday struggle :frowning:

I’ve tried to code something in LUA, but i’m not up to the task yet. One day, I might be able to hack it in myself, saving at least 250 euro’s I promised to the one that actually fixes it.
It’s thát much of a struggle, so I hear ya. :wink:

Thank you for a reply in a topic, about a feature that I want since the day I registered here… :yeah:

oh noes, people dont like “jazz” (well I dont like the musicstyle either, but HEY :smiley: KEY-jazz :wink: )

Hi

I see this topic pop up every so often. I wonder if just loading a sampler VSTi, dragging your sample into it and altering the start point of the playback would do what you want?

Hi

I see this topic pop up every so often. I wonder if just loading a sampler VSTi, dragging your sample into it and altering the start point of the playback would do what you want?

Well, I can do this even natively with Renoise, but its the number of steps, the effort to achieve the same result.

It almost feels unnatural that when you select a part of a sample, you do not hear that part - but the whole sample (when jamming in notes).

The devs should look into this crucial workflow step.

If I used a sampler, I could not save my audiofiles as native xRNi anymore and I always have to load this sampler first.

Nevertheless, it may be a good workaround - so I’m gonne spend some time looking for this workaround.

i agree with terrabyte on this one a lot. we need keyjazz :smiley: seriously, i would make use of every time. that and loop point automation.

i agree with terrabyte on this one a lot. we need keyjazz :smiley: seriously, i would make use of every time. that and loop point automation.

oh boy oh boy :smiley:
MOARRRRR fans of workflow, moar people that want to rediscover the samples that just wait for you on the harddisk…

image, again; select a piece of sample and just play… smile (: that small selection just sounds like something fresh.

Oh wait, lets play it in another pitch… hell loop it :smiley:

We love the workflow.

thanks for bumping.
Hmm at least two people that want to pay for that… dev’s could get rich on a small codechange… :badteeth:

let’s recap again: you go to the sample editor, select a piece of the wave and play notes on your keyboard (either midi or the real pc keyboard).

you would naturally expect that the selection is gonna play in the played note… but its not.

What is even worse, is that if you smack enter, you hear the selected piece, but not in the desired speed / note…

It would make my day / month / year if this is fixed by the devs.

20 votes! At this point someone should contact a dev about this possibly maybe. They don’t like being specific about what’s upcoming in the next version, but it couldn’t hurt to contact them.

ohhhhhh I know what I want for Christmas Sinterklaas!
:badteeth: PLAY THE ACTUAL SELECTION OF A SAMPLE, NOT THE WHOLE THING :clownstep: