Please recommend me a lightweight Audio Multitrack Recording software for Win 10, and possibly Linux

I have a laptop with Ubuntu ready to go, I think Renoise and FT2 are already installed, I just don’t like Jack one bit so I don’t use it with any hardware, it’s funny though usually my roland boutiques (or anything that uses USB to record really) usually just works if I plug it in and load up FT2(clone) it doesn’t have any driver issues, I can even use a different sound card for recording than I do for playback. I realize this wouldn’t work for a lot of people because of latency, I just use windows for any of that. But lately I’ve been wanting to use Renoise in my car on breaks (I get a couple long breaks but also work 12hours), I think it will be really productive without the internet or any other distraction. Yep that’s exactly what I’ll do, I know it wasn’t your goal but thanks for giving me the kick the ass I needed, I could use the polyend but nope I’d really rather use renoise.

1 Like

If I only had more time, a great program though, a long time ago I started making a skin for it then I can’t remember what, school, work, something got in the way. Haha maybe that’s when I found protrekkr.