Post your Instruments here!

I couldn’t find a thread with just instrument posts. So… maybe start one?

Phatty Basic & Unison
Basic.xrni (10.3 KB)
This is basic stuff but seems worthy of sharing, esp for those new to making instruments
Synth with saw/square oscillators and sub - Many fx already in chain to play with, that will not affect sub
Unison.xrni (22.0 KB)
Same as above but with unison thanks to zen’s trick

SubSupersonic Drums
SubSuperSonic Drums.xrni (1.2 MB)
Adds sub and noise to drum loops using transients lp filtered for sub, hp for noise and a cool filtered delay

Vinyl Scratch
Vinyl Scratch.xrni (997.5 KB)
A realistic vinyl scratching effect! Comes with 2 samples. I tried to make phrases but can’t automate the modulation :frowning: Thanks to the pitch modulation it is possible! To get it to sound right it’s probably best to use envelope automation. Got inspired watching someone on youtube do it for another daw

Delay Lama
Delay Lama.xrni (8.7 KB)

4 Likes

2 instruments - Sine Wavefolder, Saw Wavefolder:

Wave Folder Sine.xrni (3.4 KB)

Wave Folder Saw.xrni (3.9 KB)

Two dials affect the ‘Fold’ and ‘Resonance’, West-coast style variance, combine with filters for long morphs.

4 Likes

ReGranulizer v3.xrni (317.7 KB)
Granular synthesis in Renoise. Read the comments, but basically, try dropping in different samples & twisting macros & changing phrases. Each phrase has a variety of available “playheads” (i.e. note-columns) that change grain playback behavior

some very interesting sound generation capability :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Some bass instruments I’ve made:

Classic Reese.xrni (6.5 KB)
West Rumble.xrni (4.2 KB)
Garage Reese.xrni (135.9 KB)

I put some of these together pretty messily but I think they could still be pretty useful.

5 Likes

303 Clone-ish.xrni (9.7 KB)My attempt at a TB303

7 Likes

some instrument ideas, hope they are useful

resonate cecilia weird microtune 4.xrni (335.3 KB)
fm weird microtune 3.xrni (2.4 MB)
fm weird microtune 2.xrni (245.5 KB)
fm weird microtune.xrni (244.6 KB)

4 Likes

everyone needs a house organ bass in their lives
powerchord organ.xrni (1.4 MB)

4 Likes

MBPRO_031.xrns (21.5 KB)

a few experiments. since the renoise delay is not quite designed for these sounds, I replaced it with a free instrument. and for a more comprehensive understanding, a small demo example

I hope this will be of some use in your work.

3 Likes

Dude I love freq echo. Will check your xrni :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yeah, nice work!

I love the resonant, physical modelling-type sounds you can get from filtered delay lines in time-based dsp. I do a lot of this sort of thing with the renoise chorus, flanger, delay, and phaser dsps. Lots of character and depth posssible with these kinds of techniques. good stuff :+1:

3 Likes

Springy synth for melodies
Gloo Melody.xrni (9.6 KB)

2 Likes

Got some new stuff to share. Hope you guys find some of this useful

Bass:
WooWooWahWahWehWeh.xrni (5.6 KB)
Crushy Bass.xrni (9.0 KB)
Whiste Dub Bass.xrni (7.0 KB)
(Last one is best used on the 4th octave I couldn’t get it to work the way I want on the 3rd octave, the default)

Pads:
Jungle pad wobbly.xrni (779.4 KB)
Jungle pad.xrni (779.0 KB)

Experimental noise fuckery:
Alien Saws.xrni (19.6 KB)
Noise Maker.xrni (134.0 KB)

5 Likes

Here’s a Brostep growl made with the power of spectral filtering. It really gets fun when you play with pitch glides. I really really wish this thread would be more active
Vocode Growl Internal Automation.xrni (17.2 KB)

2 Likes

Prism Chord Bass 3.xrni (2.0 MB)
Prism Chord Bass 2.xrni (2.4 MB)
The metallic melodic dubstep bass (can be heard in here Stream EETTEE DUB by EETTEE | Listen online for free on SoundCloud) circa 2019. I am glad that I found this bass again, people started using such sounds to make ravey songs like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtnAqG-gFJ4
I am sharing the two that are small enough to share, but I have 7. I would link a post describing how they are made, but you’ll be able to see everything important. The original sound was made in NI prism.
WOOSH.xrni (394.4 KB)
WOOSH is for white noise risers!

5 Likes

Now that I’m starting to understand something, I’m building my own little things too

The kick generator is the same as Renoise, with some modifications by me, the rest is built from scratch.

Simple Kick.xrni (138.1 KB)
Simple Hi-Hat.xrni (134.6 KB)
Simple Snare.xrni (147.8 KB)
Simple Cowbell.xrni (105.4 KB)
Simple Clap.xrni (147.9 KB)
Simple Harp.xrni (269.9 KB)
Simple 303.xrni (51.0 KB)

3 Likes

i dont got those vst, could you recreate it with a free vst or the built in renoise dsp :pray: :pray:

I didn’t realize that there were vsts inside when I shared those… sorry!

Some very very old, dusty, questionably useful, perhaps inspirational; sampled 303 instruments.
Increasing octave opens up the filter.

303 Fast+up.xrni (40.7 KB)
303 Fast+Down.xrni (38.2 KB)
303 Fast+Up+Acc.xrni (49.0 KB)
303 Fast+Down+Acc.xrni (44.8 KB)

1 Like

We actually use to have a separate page, members use to be able to make an account and post instruments they made for Renoise and users were welcome to download them etc… I think it’s since been taken offline =(

Really sucks Kus, I loved it.

NT_DRMS_DRT.xrni (6.5 KB)

my 5 cent

1 Like