Pricing Model change to fund future development

My brother in Christ you’re just describing FL Studio

First of all, thanks for caring so much!

I think we’re fine for now. Main bottleneck right now is time and people - not money. But for the next release, I’m planning to raise the price of Renoise a bit, but also lower the price of Redux.

If you really want to donate, simply buy another copy of Renoise for yourself or a friend.

By the way: I’m no longer involved in the Sononym project, but Danoise and other Renoises are, so the money is well spent there either way.

17 Likes

All my buddies are FL tards :rofl::rofl:

as @taktik and others mentioned, buying a version of Renoise for yourself or a friend is the best way of funding renoise and growing it’s community.

It would be amazing if people could chip in together to finance a newbies renoise license.

An option to pay a specific amount that goes into a big pot with a counter correlating to how many free versions can still be activated?

like “pay for a homeless person’s meal” except it’s “(partly) pay for the next person’s renoise license”

How about setting this up right in the renoise store?

After all renoise is pretty niche and I only know 1 person willing to let me teach him how to use it…

3 Likes

but, I don’t wanna wear panties.

3 Likes

How can we solve it?

@taktik is it possible to take a voluntary unpaid intern?

My naive guess is that money is not the issue.
@taktik has been working with “Renoise Teams”, right?
I’m not sure, but isn’t there some unique reason why that wouldn’t work?
For example, if you tell us what you can talk about in general terms, we can think about the issue together.
It may be that it is not money, but a little idea that makes the difference between light and dark.
Is that a naive idea?