Psymachine

Here’s the source code:
http://www.beatslaughter.de/tenda/psymachi…0.2_source.zip

Looking for an OS X developer. The file browser and clipboard functions are win32 API, so they are the only things that should be changed. You could use FLTK’s own browser and do your OS X magic with the clipboard.

Please inform us if you’re going to develop this program further. I have other things going on at the moment, so there won’t be a new release in a while.

Just open psymachine.dev with DEV-C++ and it should compile fine if you have FLTK 1.1.7 installed.

1 Like

I’d love an OS X version. unfortunatly I have no clue if it comes to coding.
maybe it would be possible to create a dashboard widget? would be a funny :)

Nice program! I’ve wondered when something like this would be available, something that would generate the renoise codes to for arpeggios. Keep up the great work.

very very cool!

keep up the great work!

any chance this would be implemented in renoise in future versions??

It’s up to taktik. Actually it’s easier to extend psymachine if it’s a 3rd party software, because renoise is not open source and psymachine is. If renoise had a scripting ability then a similiar plugin could be programmed, but psymachine source would be probably unusable. A sourceforge project for psymachine could encourage people to develope it further, so feel free to make one if you have interest.

Thank you so much! Very handy.

will give this a try,do i install this in the renoise folder??

You can install it into any folder. Try loading one of the presets or mess with the parameters and hit generate (will store a generated track in clipboard). Then just switch to renoise and paste (ctrl + v). For a different melody with the same parameters: press “<-” button next to seed field and then hit generate.

ok,i will try and play with this later tonight

thx a lot this machine is incredible.i wrote the note of the japaneese scale into psymachine in two octaves set the parameters till it generated nice patterns according to bpm and pattern length and used some chiptune instruments for it to generate the melody for and it worked beautifully.

eviiiiiil! grabs garlic and crucifix

wow! great stuff, thanks!

There’s a chance I might be able to port this for OSX. No promises though!

Seen this late here but want to answer anyway. Tenda passed away in June 2010 and there will be no further updates to his tool, unless someone wants to take it over. The file linked is the latest version.

x

Whatever happened to this one; maybe s.o. has the time & experience to lift it to 3.1? Source - code up in this #thread^ :ph34r:

A Bit #annoying 2 have 2 use this workaround:https://forum.renoise.com/t/accessing-the-xml-and-sample-files-in-xrns-xrni-and-xrnt-files/18683.

Do you realize that you are posting huge amounts of 0-content-posts? Can you please stop posting bullcrap and filling the forum with nonsense? Why not think a bit first and then post something actually useful for others? This is not facebook, you know. Btw. I really like your ascii art!

Whatever happened to this one;

Did you read the thread? The author died.

[Edit: Deleted emotionally charged over reaction. Tenda was a solid member of the Renoise community that I respected very much.]

Just read it now on page 2 …my bad then. Wasnt meant to offend anyone. Didnt kno this when I posted my question. :frowning:

Did you read the fucking thread? Is this a joke? The author died.

Asshole.