Quick Question Re: Kontakt In Renoise 2.6.1

I searched and found this thread, but it doesn’t seem to be my specific problem.

I’ve got Kontakt v4.1.3 loaded with just one drum patch.

In Renoise I’ve got 6 or so tracks setup, Drums: Kick, Drums: Snares, Drums: Hats and so on.

I’m playing kicks in the kick track, snares in the snare track and so on.

When playing back, Kontakt seems to be acting up and playing in the wrong tracks.

Do I need multiple instances of Kontakt here? I’m only using one sound library/bank.

The reason I’m splitting this up is to use compression and EQ on each part (kicks, snares etc;) and then output all this into a Drums send-to track.

If I go into the VST routing, I can assign Kontakt to output into all tracks but obviously that doesn’t help at all.

I’m probably doing something stupid, I only just started playing with iit now ;)

The thing is, the VST plugin gives out a single audio stream which will go to the channel where the VST last played (or selected channel from VST settings).

Now there is a way to separate channels if VST plugin supports more than 1 output. But you have to configure the VST plugin and renoise accordingly.

http://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/Instrument_Settings#Plugin_Routing

I am not sure whether kontakt supports this though, as I have never personally used it.

Yeah, I’m struggling to figure that out, I think I get the whole multi channel thing, ie: use channel 1 for Library 1, channel 2 for Library 2 etc; but I don’t seem to be able to route just the one library across channels.

The thing is, the VST plugin gives out a single audio stream which will go to the channel where the VST last played (or selected channel from VST settings).

Exactly the problem I’m having. I can route Kontakt to play out of all the tracks, but then it plays everything out of those tracks, and not seperated kicks, snares and so on.

There is a tutorial on this in youtube:

The tutorial uses Protools, but I guess you already know how to do the routing in Renoise, it will show you how to do it in Kontakt.

Oops, forgot to reply and thank you :) That helped quite a bit, Kontakt’s quite a beast to learn but well woth it. Waiting for my copy of Komplete 7 to arrive :D