Radium - a better(?) tracker...

Sent the developer an email stating I’m finally gonna dive in after subscribing to Radium for 4 months without using it. His response:

“Good luck with that”

Ouch.

Needless to say I never open it anymore…

I visit this forum now and then. I feel that I need to reply to this one. First of all, that’s not what I said, and secondly, what I wrote was not meant to be sarcastic or negative in any way.

3 Likes

Oh this is a good moment to clear up with my previous post. Radium now works on macos Retina btw.

…but stupid jack audio.

…but stupid jack audio.

Yeah, low latency audio with flexible routing between applications sucks :slight_smile:

as an additional option is cool. but not as badly working necessarily

… why don’t the waveforms fade in from the centre instead of the left?

+1 for waveforms fading into the centre rather than towards the left of the track.

Wow ! This is very interesting and impressive. Things thus far I really like about it:

zooming in and out of a pattern / there is no fixed pattern resolution,

ability to store and flip between mixer states,

compressor, eq, and bus sends built in every instrument and fx

Scheme front end that can be altered without compiling,

• other typical benefits of midi sequencer.

Some drawbacks:

entering and editing notes is more fiddly compared to classical tracker, notes tend to overlap,.

the pattern editor kind of visually melts together, there’s a lot of going on and not enough of graphical separation between PR, note columns, tracks,

jack stealing audio output

I’m glad to see another tracker being developed :slight_smile:

What do you mean by jack stealing audio output?

When I run jack, audio in other apps stops.

Which OS are you on? In linux you can bridge everything to run through jack. I’m not sure how it works on Windows, I would expect there is a way but isn’t that how ASIO works? Seems like it would be expected to happen.

I’m on windblows and that’s not suppose to happen.

Cant install in ubuntu 19.10 OpenGL crashed. There is something wrong with your computer. Radium can not start. It might help to update the GFX driver.

What graphics card do you have? I think there was an advice when starting Radium concerning the graphic driver.

I have an AMD Ryzen 3 2200G apu graphics are on the cpu

When I start the jack audio connection kit player, then open up radium I get an error notice saying it is unable to connect to Jack. I’m about to look for the readme text the error notice is asking you to read in this case, but shame it needs jack at all, why not a n00b mode which just runs without it? Curious though to get it working.

I think best is to ask directly in the Radium forum.

1 Like

I did it turns out it wont run on amd apu 2200g

Oh :frowning: ok, but I think that’s not too bad as there is Renoise. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wep i dont want to quit Renoise but i like trying new things cause you never know right?New things new inspiration

Yes, but I find it really hard to get into Radium and got lost last time.