Radium - a better(?) tracker...

New Version out again. Was trying again yesterday and almost killed my ears several times, cause I accidently maximized the volume slider of the moduls. Had some crashes, closed it… Waiting for the next time.

2 Likes

Radium 7 is out: Radium 7.0.00 released - Radium

…and no one seems to care. Not much going on in the forum.

2 Likes

Last time I checked, I had a problem getting any sound from it due to Jack issues on my pc, is it still dependent on Jack for sound (I’m on windows 10)?

1 Like

Not sure, I’m on Linux. Should be written somewhere.

Tested it again:

Pro: GUI seems to be better than in the past. Seems also more stable.
Contra: Drove me crazy after 30 minutes.

2 Likes

Of course! As far as I know Radium is an unstable, nerdy and primarily messy piano roll “tracker”. I’m satisfied with Renoise, so why should I think about switching? It’s a waste of time learning another tracker. Instead I prefer using my little free time to create more music or else. It’s understandable when someone wants to switch because he wants a piano roll or would like to make music by pressing buttons on hardware. But replacing an advanced tracker like Renoise for another tracker doesn’t make sense.

Are you talking about the Renoise forum or the Radium forum? Seemingly there are round about 3-5 rarely “active” members in the Radium forum, and a few of them were coming from Renoise. Yes, the Radium forum seems to be pretty much dead. Probably there’s not even a small Radium community. And this is the Renoise forum, I assume the Renoise people are primarily interested in Renoise and not in Radium. :wink:

Seemingly there’s nothing written about it, but @lilith said no:

1 Like

Ups, totally overseen that. Then it seems to work without Jack. But as said it might be a waste of time :sweat_smile:

I want this on my tombstone :headstone: :metal:

3 Likes

:laughing: This guy… OR ELSE!

2 Likes

The problem is also that nothing works as expected. You even have to type “yes” to quit the program. Copy paste has different short cuts, it took me half an hour to loop a section, etc.
etc. There’s some potential, but it must be more intuitive.

Also got again some 200 dB bursts which got luckily muted by Radium. I guess that’s a problem of some LASPA Plugins however I pulled in the module window.

Hey, “or else” is slang and stands for “or something else”, didn’t you know? :upside_down_face:

For sure. And less messy. And less buggy. And less nerdy. But as long as it’s not way better than Renoise it’s neither interesting nor worthy the time bothering with it. It took me 1-2 evenings to learn Renoise. If an experienced tracker guy needs more than that to learn Radium there’s something wrong. It should at least be possible to create proper songs after a short amount of time. Otherwise better stick to your usual DAW.

1 Like

Not here, it ain’t :smiley: I’m sure you already know, but ‘or else’ is an open-ended threat!

“Do what I say, or else.” Leaves the person being told “or else” to use their imagination. I’m almost positive you know this, but if you didn’t - my, that is funny :rofl: I’m not making fun, it’s funny for real!

I always understood it like “Do what I say, or else” could also be replaced by “Do what I say, or…” or “Do what I say, otherwise…”. So yes, you’re right. But I have to admit that I also always use it like a shortcut for “or something else”. I’m pretty sure the reason is a mixture of “I’ve seen this term several times” and the fact that it’s a literal translation from German to English also meaning “and others” or “and other things” besides “something else”. So yeah, kinda confusing. I’m sorry. At least it’s funny. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

that’s why I want it on my tombstone :wink: …or at least a t-shirt

renoise… create more music, OR ELSE

I was unfamiliar with the german-derived usage, just the american folk idiom…

the more you know…:upside_down_face:

1 Like

A personal shirt? There you go:

If you tell me your address we can make it happen. :wink:
But if you do, don’t forget to tell me your size and the desired shirt color.

As I said, I’ve seen this several times and I don’t think it’s specificly a “german-derived usage”, but maybe this is just an internet shortcut. People who are online obviously lose their ability to write properly, not only because mankind is getting more moronic every single day. They’re also lazy. Sometimes I’m lazy, too. Anyway, I try to fight my aim to write as short as possible in future, especially in a foreign language. :grin:

6 Likes

OMG, I fukkin love it :rofl:

I’ll pm you my info. you should totally sell these!

This is great!

Thanks! It took 5 minutes to create the motif. :sweat_smile:

Just give me the license and I can produce all the merch. Check this. :wink:
But it’s ok to produce a personal shirt. And I don’t want any money from you, it’s free. A guy like you who contributes something to the Renoise community should be rewarded, right? You’re welcome.

Now let’s get back to Radium, guys.

1 Like

Thanks, brotha!! Much appreciated

And yes, radium…

1 Like

IMG_20221122_113023338_HDR

Alright! finally arrived!
user @TNT is an absolute legend in my book now for this. Cheers, mate :beers:

Thanks! I will definitely be rockin this out and about at events and such

12 Likes