Redux - When does beta testing start?

I doubt it will be additional software added into the deal, but i suspect if you own Renoise, you might get it for a fairly reduced price.

PPff …what a let down . ok there will be instrument phrases , but these will only be triggered from the host , iow running it in audiomulch without triggering renoise is a no go
Probably no midi out to .
Seems like revisit is the only tracker available that gives midi out and has its own sequencer

Releasing Renoise as a vst plugin would be the simplest solution imho.

Renoise would feature wise not be fully usable. → You would not be able to use the sample recorder, you will get limited midi options and most likely no access to midi devices so such stuff has to be removed from the original code.
I suspect the devs are not interested in spending hours on removing features from a host application so that it can be compiled to a plugin… Each new update. (and each new update that would have to be tested again if everything else still works as it should)

@Vv: Why would you lose all that stuff? A lot of VSTi have recording capabilities. And most also have pretty advanced Midi functionality (some even more advanced than Renoise).

I was speaking about access to hardware audio input and hardware midi devices.
internal audio routing and midi routing hopefully will come also in Redux eventually. I personally don’t really care about audio recording inside plugins. A line input device to allow input streaming of external audio and let it run through the fx chains will be fine enough for me.

Well, yes, all inputs and outputs will of course be provided by the host instead of being directly physical. But I don’t see how functionality will get lost by this.

Looking at fladd’s post count :smiley:

The sampler in Renoise can record audio as samples, it can process live audio (via Line-In) and it can output MIDI (via phrases).
I see not reason why Redux shouldn’t be able to do all of these things, and more.

Ha!

so renoise 2.8 + redux vst = renoise 3

Ok but i am wondering something here… we got a limited number macro and functionality right ? But what if we load the upcoming redux vst in renoise, TECHNICALY there i could use the Instrument automation device and be able to tweek it more, have access to more tweakability than the built in sampler ?!

If support for VSTI and Midi out will be implemented, yes, currently Redux will be a sample based plugin only, meaning you loose the phrase feature for the plugins and midi. (which is supported in full Renoise 3.0)

adin midi out to redux would be great …
I am using audiomulch a lot lately …and having a bit of a renoise feel inside audiomulch would be ace …
Are there any plans for a bare naked 'renoise seq./tracker without all the bells an whistles as a vst …?

Yeah, I was under the impression that Redux would be some sort of bare-bones, simplified mini-tracker instrument vst where you could program Renoise-style pattern effect commands (even if it’s just a few of them like sample offset) to it within the host DAW.

Will it at least have slicing and loop sync abilities?

That thing already exists and it’s called ReViSiT: http://revisit.info/

…and it has ‘zoom in/out’ function, ‘advanced audio routing’, ‘midi in/out’, surround system, asio support, and more and costs only £24.99.
Bummer : )

ReVisit is Windows only so it’s never been an option for me.

There’s probably a very small chance Redux will apear as AAX too, right? :(

We currently have no plans to develop an AAX version. We will only focus on the VST and AU plugin standards.

Can i register for beta testing somewhere?