Note that this tool is deprecated and will no longer be updated or maintained.
I thought I’d take a break from writing synths and have a go at (yet another) step sequencer.
This tool converts the Korg padKontrol into another method to control Renoise. ReKontrol is a working name and may change in the future. The eventual aim is to have many features, however, currently only a step sequencer is available.
The project came about since I rarely use my padKontrol and thought I’d better put it to some use.
ReKontrol features so far:
- Visual playback position feedback (pad flashes)
- Quarter note resolution (regardless of LPB setting)
- Unlimited pattern lengths can be handled
- Unlimited track numbers can be handled
- Unlimited instruments can be handled
- Note on / off via the illuminated pads (entry = illuminated, empty = unilluminated) [pads 1 - 16]
- Pad velocity = new note volume
- Fixed velocity (max volume) [‘fixed velocity’ button]
- Track selection with LCD feedback [rotary encoder] (default display)
- Instrument selection with LCD feedback [‘prog change’ button hold (and encoder for modification)]
- New note pitch selection with LCD feedback [‘note/cc#’ button hold (and encoder for modification, or ‘setting’ to toggle note off)]
- Pattern sequencer slot selection with LCD feedback [‘scene’ button hold (and encoder for modification)]
- Quick track area clear [‘note/cc#’ button hold and press ‘scene’]
- BPM modification with LCD feedback [‘pedal’ button hold (and encoder for modification)]
- Start/stop playback with feedback [‘roll’ button]
- Block loop toggle with feedback [‘flam’ button]
Are there many other users who own a padKontrol? I’ll push the tool out eventually anyway, but I’m wondering how much use it would get during beta testing.
edit: Control description, added version 0.1, video. Version 0.1 is for Renoise 2.7.2