Renoise 1.27 beta1 is available

I’ve been away for about a week so I havn’t been able to test the new beta until now. The new features look realy great. But I’ve found a few bugs already after just a few minutes of testing.

1. If I start Renoise in windowed mode and while Renoise is starting up make focus on another window (so renoise is loading in the background) Renoise will keep on loading from the harddrive until eternity or till I give Renoise the focus…
  2. As mentioned in previsous posts the KeyJazz function doesn’t seems to work pretty good, neither with VSTi nor MIDI…
  3. Some songs take LOT more CPU than in the last version. My Beatbattle2 entry takes about max 70-80% of my CPU in 1.27b1 while it only took max 50-60& in the last release.

I’ve got the exact same problem when using MIDI only. So it is not nessasarily just a problem with the ASIO settings.

although the ßeta is feeling very clumsy and fragile on my system(s) so far (quite a lot of people are reporting good things about it, which surprises me) and i am not able to use ASIO longer than a few seconds at all, i gave it another try today with spooky directsound ;)
well, i already gave up after a few minutes when renoise failed to load an instrument (.rni) i just saved out of another song.
i was clicking left and right mouse buttons like blazes, but nothing happened - the instrument just didnt want to load at all.
other things i noticed:

• setting the sample rate @48khz won’t be saved. everytime i close and re-open renoise it’s going to sit @44khz again.
  • filters still won’t behave equivalent at different samplerates.
  • when compared to v1.26, this beta takes alot more cpu load when replaying songs.
  • it’s probably not a bug, but it would be seriously more comfortable if the diskop would remember the last directory you were in for each mode (song, sample, instrument, etc…)

Keith : Could I send you some testbuilds to take a closer look at this ASIO problem ? Seems like a serious, strange problem. Please contact me via mail, so that I know your email adress.

@taktik
you got mail. send those builds straight away :)

I have the same instrument problem. I tried to load the .rni Gwilym put up, but it simply wouldn’t load.
I figured it was my own fault and that I simply couldn’t handle the Disk Op <_< But maybe I just had the same bug!

Anyhow, thought that it might help if I reported in, since I’ve already given some bugs and machine-specs in the bug-forum… might help eliminate the bug…? :huh: