Renoise 1.27 beta2 is available

could we have it so saving/loading a preset instrument envelope also saves/loads the type of envelope?

because basically, no offense, but ‘hermite’ is rubbish. not only is the difference barely audible (plus when it is audible, i think it sounds worse), but a hermite curve can never reach silence. you move the curve to the point where a linear curve would be silent, and you can still hear the sample.

(example of why this fix is important: yesterday i was working with about 25 guitar samples, which i eventually realised had loops at the ends of them. rather than add sample cut-offs manually in my tracking, i decided to just put a basic envelope on all of them, which faded them to silence. i saved this envelope as a preset and applied it to all samples, but when listening to my song noticed that the notes were still hanging on. it was hermite’s fault! and it’s the default curve type, so i had to go through all of the samples and set them to linear, which took a while. and was needless…)

I think you can set the fade value to something?

Gwilym, I agree. Noticed the same thing when using envelopes presets the other day but forgot to report it. Not only should linear/hermite be copied but linear should also be default imho.

Just notice:

You are currently using a Beta version. Beta versions is for testing purposes and you shall not be surprised if they are unstable. A Beta can hang and crach and that is something you have to deal with, the best thing you can do when you experience a crach is to write down as much information about the crach as possible and report it to the developers. I do NOT suggest you to use the Beta version if you are working with very important things, then use the last sharp verison insted (in this case 1.261).

;)

renoise never crashed on me while saving either. alot of other things made it crash, but not saving. that sure is strange.

I have quite frequent crashes, or more like the computer hangs. This happens most of the time when the CPU has too work a lot and I think this is a cooling related problem. Bigger/more fans would probably help. The warm wheather probably makes it worse :) We have had a couple of “tropical nights” here the last couple of days (temperature never goes below 20 degrees).

Still having problems when filtering cutoff in automation…

Below about 75% its fine but anythng above and the sound on the track cuts out…