Renoise 1.5.2 Final Was Released

the Germans are a serious folk … I’m sorry for this. B)

BUT … we can laugh too … about british humour too. do you know “LITTLE BRITAIN”? … but this is something for the off topic

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/

Genau (exactly). :) Germany is almost perfect in every way. It feels like heaven when I go there. Yet some German people still find reasons to complain about the government or if the schnitzel isn’t breaded right. :rolleyes:

Lol, try living in America where everyone hates everyone all the time. Then you’ll learn to appreciate good things. (like Renoise, good food, and even waking up in the morning…)

My point being, chill out for a minute and appreciate what we have. The dopest tracking program ever. (forever?)
Spend no time complaining or being negative about Renoise, spend more time learning Renoise tricks and techniques with the current version. Maybe work on a collaboration song. Use a workaround if you need something.
I’m sure 1.6 will be tight when it comes out but someone must really suck if they can’t make a song in 1.5 just because it doesn’t have an arranger or piano roll (or whatever feature you think you are missing).

^^ That was me. Damn cookies. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh…and that should be “you’re”, not “your”. Oops.

I realize now that my previous post may be interpreted as JSMSAD (Just Some More Stupid American Drivel ™), but that isn’t the case.

Claiming that the US is almost perfect in every way and that everyone in Germany hates everyone all the time would be equally moronic.

Back to the original topic…

I agree that some more news should be added to the main page. If there’s some new features being developed, the world should know about it…if you’re working on a mixer view, say so on the main news page! (for example). I think this would get potential and current Renoisers excited and work towards expanding the user base.

Thank You for Update :)

p.s. I think I have several bugs appearing in this version. Plz go back to General Discussion & check for post name:

Renoise 1.5.2 Final…
…bugs?

Tnx!

By “expanding the userbase”, I mean just that. To help make the Renoise user base larger.

Consider this hypothetical scenario:

The current version of Renoise is 1.8. Let’s say it has a mixer view and a piano roll. The Renoise developers are currently working on version 2.0, and the main focus is better (modular) effects routing and an arranger.

A hypothetical would-be Renoiser comes to this site and sees “Latest Release: Renoise version 1.8”, with who knows what date. Ok…now let’s say that this would-be Renoiser REALLY needs/likes/wants modular effects routing (or any feature X for that matter) and the Renoise devs just so happen to be working on that. How is this hypothetical Renoiser supposed to know?

Yes, he could browse the forums, but oftentimes this sort of information on future features is hidden, loosly implied, or otherwise unclear. Lately vvoois has been putting this sort of news on the Wiki page, but is this page linked from anywhere officially on this site? In the 10 seconds that I tried finding a link to it, I couldnt, and that’s enough to discourage our hypothetical Renoiser to leave. IF this info. was readily available, this would encourage this user to return to this site more often, checking the updates, and in turn increasing the probability of him/her actually becoming a Renoise user, ergo “expanding the Renoise user base”.

At the moment, the only place where this WIKI page is linked from is vvoois’ forum signature and in the latest news item for version 1.5.2 (correct me if I’m wrong). Even that wiki doesn’t really suffice. No offense to vvoois, but the news section of that tutorial site is full of grammatical errors typical of individuals whose native tongue is not English. I would gladly fix that up, but unfortunately it seems that only the wiki admin. could edit that main page.

Is it so hard to imagine that more consistent and up to date news can increase potential users’ interest in Renoise? I certainly don’t think so. I really don’t see how this would put any unecessary pressure on the developers either. They would simply be telling the truth! These are not “promises”, as you put it. They are simply notices: “We’re currently working on modular effects routing. Here’s an updated screen shot of what it looks like so far. Any suggestions”. How does this put pressure on the developers? It wouldn’t take more than a few minutes out of their busy week to do. How is that encumbering?

I’m just asking for some official news items on the progress of current Renoise development on the main page that aren’t seperated by several months, but by weeks. Tell us what you’re working on not only to spark the interest of potential Renoisers, but also to keep current users interested.

Yes, the news section was dead the last months (years?). Not because we wanted it this way, but because we are lazy asses, noone felt responsible or noone had time to take care of it. This will change: Bantai is back, and will take care about this. Amen.

Good to hear!

To vvoois: I would like to offer my services in fixing up the wiki a bit. :slight_smile:

to Bantai and whoever else is involved in this website: I would like to offer my help and services in keeping the page up to date.

yeah, sort of… just lame sarcasm. :P

I agree. Broad Generalizations are stupid. I’m just saying that in America, in many ways there is such a larger culture of hate, sometimes things aren’t fun anymore. Clubbing in the US versus Germany? (i’ve done both, I live in the US) Which do you think you’ll more likely get into a fight?.. but you’re right, I was just venting. So much of the world has those social problems! I just want to get along.

sonus, it’s “loosely implied”, not “loosly implied”. No offense, but these types of errors in grammar are typical of those whose native tongue is not English. :D

Go read the thread on Pet Hates in the Off Topic forum. I think the thing that was mentioned with slightly less popularity of virtual knobs you have to turn around was people correctly spelling and grammer of posts that are still perfectly understandable anyway :P

Let alone wanting to fix a whole wiki of bad english! :lol:
Actually, the reason I posted that was to draw the attention off of Extacados’ sweeping generalizations.

Points at the perp

:panic:

Oh yes officer, I was just overthrown with shock and disbelief, as he started generalizing on what to me looked like a very broad scale.

Did I take a nose dive just now?

:unsure:

Damn.

You got me! :P

It’s grammAr.

:boom::boom::crash: :D

I agree that on an open forum such as this, what is important is getting one’s message across. Of course, it’s much easier to do so without grammatical and/or spelling errors, but these errors don’t necessarily inhibit communication in any significant manner.

Now, having errors in the official online and offline manual of a “professional” product is a different story. IMO, that just doesn’t reflect well on the product itself.

itz wen ppl strt writin in txt spk it rly strts 2 ps me of

But yeah, on the main website you do really want to try and get spelling and grammar as correct as possible.

wooow…

It’s amazing

Such a great update <_<

I hope your wishes for next year will go out to the renoise users ;)

Yeah and I hope you’re horny

'caus we are!

:eek:

(That will fit)

I’m not male, i’m hybrid organical material.

I can not download this version :o . Something seems to be wrong with the server. Please read this thread:
http://www.renoise.com/board/index.php?act…t=ST&f=4&t=8896 :o

If you refer to storage of DSP parameters, this is not possible indeed, you can however save the DSP chain (saving all currently applied DSP effects in underneath the current track) in the diskbrowser and load it up in another song if you want to. (Or copy the chain through the Advanced Edit mode)

I know, i have this problem with that system as well.
It won’t be changed in the new edition either, but i’ll promise you that you get a neat trick for this circumstance that is enough to satisfy you.
Remind me to explain it when the time is ripe as it still is a trick and not a prescribed method.

it seems that new info has been posted since all this chit chat. Good job everyone. i stopped here to see what the news was lately because i had tried Renoise last year and wasn’t really impressed with it (plus it didn’t work with my Echo Audio Mona sound card in several versions… one version no, next version yes, next version no, next version no… and since i was not going to buy it without knowing if it worked, there was no way to test ASIO support, only DirectX). One of the bits of news i liked to see is that there is a new mixer in the works. One thing i’ve never liked about trackers is that samples sound muddy in trackers. They may sound great in a sample editor like Sound Forge, or in a hardware sampler like an Akai S6000, but a tracker always makes them sound dark and dim and muddy. Renoise wasn’t as bad, but the samples still didn’t sound “as is.”

Also, i wanted to comment on the American bashing… as an American, i can vouch for there being a LOT of hate here in my country. It’s shameful. We’re supposed to be a nation of many peoples, united, but we’re really a nation of many divisions, all screaming at each other. Divided we stand, together we fall. If anyone has any ideas on how to help this country back down from all the racism and FUD, please… go for it. Start by helping us impeach and remove our leaders! HELP!!