Renoise 2.0 New Features?, Which is the list?

HOLY NON SEQUITUR, BATMAN!

legends tell of a 2.0 that works horizontally

yes: support for manual display rotation has been added

With an accuracy of 5 degrees: finally diagonal tracking!

you may want to try http://www.gersic.com/plugins/hosted/dblue_VST.rar (dblue’s monophob vst)

a little tool that helps you extracting the left or the right channel from a stereo file (but keeps it stereo).

loof for this button:

it’s on the left corner of the sample editor and can convert stereo to mono; not the same thing than choosing either left or right channel, but I assume this can fulfil your needs

in particular:

what do you mean? you can already load stereo files in Renoise sampler

I guess what atarix meant was that you can’t work with channels seperately. Like if you have a stereo sample where only the left channel has any content, you cannot simply select that channel and do stuff with it. In overall the wave editor is quite limited in Renoise, it only does the most basic stuff, except undo/redo. Or at least it don’t work for me.

yes yes, dats what i mean. if u`ll listen to old jazz records, most of them sounds “separated” it means a bass on left channel, drums in middle, sax on right channel etc.

so i want to be able to extract just right channel with sax inside renoise, not going outside and use peak or wavelab.

u know what i`m saying?

p.s. sorry for my ugly english.

thanks man, but thats not suit my needs.

PDC

/thread

Add Sysex and Renoise is perfect.

yes for PDC. + native sidechaining a must.

There’s alot you can do with wavetables
So far I’ve been able to abandon vst’s and dsp chains by using wavetables and Renoise’s editor & instrument functions
You can build percussion kits, noise, as well as melodic harmonic instruments
I’m still trying to get the hang of it but I find it much more precise in terms of sound design

edit: if you plan on using them, be wary of dangerous looking high frequency waveforms > make sure the volume is low, HF waveforms equates to accidentally pushing the resonance all the way up, causing that needle piercing soundwave > that shit ƒuck!n hurts

http://galbanum.com/products/architecture-universal/

I just wonder one little thing:

Will the next update be a 1.9.1 --> 1.9.2

or will it be a 1.9.1 --> 2.0

??

Not that the numbers matter that much, I was just curious if the Renoise dev team had some official info here.

SIDECHAIN METADEVICE! (or proper routing)

ROFL!!! This had me rolling on the ground! :D

We started the alpha’s at 1.9.2 and currently we are at level 1.9.3
We don’t dare to go 3 steps up like we did from 1.5 to 1.8 because that would mean we would end up at 2.2 Which would piss off a lot of current registered users( those that registered 1.0 and 1.1 would have had to upgrade their license in that case).
To put all the chickens on the stick and get back to reality-TV:
Just wait and see and stop guessing or asking.

Well, its 2.0. Thats what we can promise…

:drummer:
:guitar:     :guitar:
     :panic:

I wonder what the opener of this thread thinks about what it’s written here… :rolleyes: