Renoise 2.1 Beta Testing Starts

Thanks. :)

i’ve never used rewire before until just now. doesn’t seem too bad, personally still think osc could have been more forward thinking but rewire is looking to be fun.

so, can we rewire renoise, to renoise and a few more renoise’??
not loopbacks but just the d/s thing. :P

OMGOMGOMG! Sorry about the lame text talk, but I’ve completely missed this - am too busy dribbling to type what I really mean…

Thanks guys :)

a very impressive beta release, once again, Renoise team-
a big thankyou from glasgow!
rewire is very welcome.
but,
on-the-fly pattern launching, hydra-device, key-tracking, and new editing features are even better!
nice one

I want to cry…Rewire! this is just the best release ever. Thanks!
Recording from aux via a bus in Logic and it’s syncing perfectly…saves me so much time. A very very smart move I think.

Indeed. It’s truly a brilliant move. A Renoise with 10/10 rating in CM suddenly also featuring ReWire… well, now there’s really nothing whatsoever holding people back from making Renoise part of their established workflow. And even if they decide not to integrate it (because they lack the time or interest to fully understand and appreciate the tracker concept), chances should be pretty good that they at least install the demo version just to check it out and then spread the word around.

Awesome work Renoise team! I had no idea ReWire support was coming, so this is a big, happy surprise. :)

I really like your implementation. Got Reason and Renoise up and running within minutes. You guys rock! :walkman:

Cheers,

Malcolm.

Oh my… I just realized that when Renoise now renders to disc, it will also include all audio generated by the ReWire slaves (e.g. Reason)!! :D

i think detached sequencer view may not be the best name. it’s confusing people because the windows aren’t actually ‘detached’ (thank christ).
maybe ‘free pattern view’ or something.

Bravo!

Along with the Hydra device, this is great news for those of us who like to use Renoise live.

And Rewire support will open up a lot of possibilities, especially for people who use Reason (not me btw, I’m far too cheap…)

Nice! :) Renoise “goes FL Studio” with implementing all these new meta devices. The only thing missing now is the ‘Peak Controller’ ^^
thx for the update. It’s time to refresh my license… :D

Great! Thanks for the update, I’ve been hoping you would add a feature like the Hydra device.

Err…yeah, it’s kinda confusing. Especially since you can also revert to the “oldschool” mode in preferences.
But basically, it’s referring to when the “pattern follow” mode is set to OFF. Personally, I prefer to use the term “decoupled playback”

Yes, thats better. I’ve now also described how to enable that feature:

- Decoupled Sequencer Playback Now Possible:  

This new feature allows the user to detach the current playback position   
 from the edit position. This lets you edit a pattern while other patterns   
 are playing.   

To decouple the sequencer, simply turn off the "Pattern Follow" option, which  
 will then decouple the pattern editor & sequencer.  

Those who don't want this new behavior by default, can disable it in the GUI  
 preferences pane. The "Pattern Follow" Option will then only detach the   
 playback position in the Pattern Editor.  

I accidentally Renoise with Cubase, is this bad?

In the words of Eric Cartman, this update is hella cool.

I think it’s perfect for mixing cubase recording/sequencing capabilities with renoise. And I prefer cubase’s mixer too

I should have been asleep hours ago! Superb update, especially like the Hydra! Being able to invert the values makes it so much fun! Lots of Wet / Dry reverb crossfade automations for me now, all with one slider curve!

Another victory boys!

:)

OMG OMG OMG! OHHHHH MYYYY GOOOOOD! Are you guys serious??? REWIRE PRAISE THE LORD! YOU HAVE JUST MADE MY LIFE!!! I don’t think you understand how much this is going to help my work flow!!! I am an avid Ableton Live and a hardcore renoise user and have wanted nothing more than to use the two together! YOU JUST MADE MY WORLD FLY TO THE HEAVANS!!! :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :walkman: :walkman: :walkman: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

HOLY SHAMAKA! I got as far as rewire and flipped… didn’t even see the rest (hydra)! Shit- I’m not going to work… I’m going to make tunes instead!

:ph34r:

ReWire, Hydra, Keytrack…

After failure with Logic to be slave to renoise, i immediately installed Reason 4 to test an old sidechain trick. It`s WORKING! A TRUE SIDECHAIN!

So, i`m here to confirm that REASON 4 is a superb slave app for RENOISE! Full stable, all is working as expected, and i missed Maelstrom synth and Screamer device a lot, and now, here they are! In Renoise! Fully working and controllable in Renoise! Wooo-hooo!

The next thing is Ableton 8 to test…oh shit, groove manipulations, maxforlive, etc…omg…

p.s. btw, Hydra device is simply stunning thing! Thank you Tactic! And one more thanks for ReWire!

p.s.s. still cant understand the “live pattern change” thing. can anyone help me to understand how it works?