Renoise 2.5 Beta Testing Starts

well, you won’t have access to low level audio produced by playing the song. that’s far away the possibility of a scripting engine !

Thing is if you take his meaning at face value i have to say that with a piano roll and an arranger and hard tracks (May sound like a lot but i get the feeling the guys are going for it in a big way here)
Then Renoise is seriously going to be a contender to the big boys in the DAW world
I know there are “We should just be a tracker” nay sayers and also “Renoise is my secret” naysayers but truth is i think next few years here could be very interesting

Bungle

Probably just a typo there but i think you meant to say “that’s far away the possibility of Renoises scripting engine” because there are obvious examples of scripting languages that do just that , not least Reaper ;)

Still very exciting and i suspect the scripting engine will grow in possibilities over time right ?

Bungle

Does this mean it won’t be possible to do things like add support for other I/O audio formats (I’ve got WavPack in mind) via extensions? And no user-made native FX? Just curious, not depending on it or anything.

question how can you use mda talkbox in renoise with external synth ? impossible dont talk about you dont now …
how route vsti in right in in vocoder and sample in left like in all other pro soft ??
i want modular or real routing to where you want
vstfx to vsti i now that in renoise but you must use internal synth of vocoder dont say shit im not sylli
real arrenger no shit matrix
real precison pattern zoomable not doubling tick and speed ,i want zoom like revist
pffffffffff
you dont want talk dont talk but dont say sylli think
all peapole arent stupide
:angry:

not it isnt i dont speak gut english :P

for the sound quality … juste compare is so simple

morouche, sorry but you look definitely stupid to me now.

I usually help people with their questions; I have done this tons of times, but in your case I will do an exception and just advice you to read the fucking manual or use something else than Renoise. If I even would decide to take the time to answer your questions, which definitely have an answer, I should spend lot of time into understanding what the hell you have written, being it is almost impossible to interpret it, not because you are French, but because your writing skills are awful and your attitude is irritating.

people around you are all enthusiast about this release. everyone is, but you. either you are some special guy, or more likely you are missing something.

All: Please apologize me for this flame and for my reaction.

you joking? whats with this magic stupidity ???

Speechless! :) Just phoned a friend, who’s also a Renoise-user about this update! I bought Ableton Live a month ago but haven’t had much inspiration for time for music, I bet it will be even harder to take the time to learn Live now, when these fantastic updates in Renoise appeared! :)

…or I could make a vow and learn Ableton Live until the stable version of Renoise 2.5 is out. Gettin best of both worlds!

one think "
people around you are all enthusiast about this release. everyone is, but you. either you are some special guy, or more likely you are missing something."

if lot of people love shit ,shit are good…not for me ,i use renoise since 1.1 all feature i have re caring you say in the next version (like a politician) 6 or 7 year to have an arranger !!!

simple question : how to use MDA talkbox in renoise ?? simple question for simple answer i ve read the manual impossible to use it !!! IMPOSSIBLE no routing…

i m stupid ok ,np, but you’re layer (i try you understand what i say ,now)
all feature i have talk before isn’t in renoise ALL
i m stupid because i say truth oki np

sry i m heating too, i m stupide but not layer

if you answer to me ,just answer to my simple question,if i m right just say it (no answer i m right too :) )

happy people in happy world… isn’t this world :yeah:

i agree to

[b]THANK TACTIC and The rest of you guys THIS release BLOWED MY MIND AWAY!

TACTIC= SANTA

I have used Renoise since 1.1 registered at 1.2 and this release is just to good to be true. If this is a dream, don’t wake me up :)

[/b]

No I know someone who don’t like it! My GF ;)

Renoise IS modular, you just have to understand that it is.
With sendtracks and the new devices you can even control and automate the routing and everything!

The soundquality of Renoise is among the best in the market.

Renoise, has a tic resolution of 4096 per sec.

My first reaction was that the matrix, was not that useful but after giving it a try I find it very useful. You are able to select several tracks, and copy, paste/rearrange them. Try holding down Ctrl, or shift while clicking.
This really speeds up arranging alot! And gives you a nice overview.

There is also the new cabinet simulator which in itself, together with the velocity device, gives a better sound than slayer.

That device alone is worth quite much.
I could go on, with all the new features.

There is so much new…
You could have called it 3.0!

It’s pretty stable ;)

mourouche:

We can of course not make everyone happy, solve everyones most important feature wishes with one single update. And we never claimed we can.

If Renoise is not (or right now) not for you, and you love Aodix workflow so much, why don’t you put this energy into creating a Aodix clone or start writing your own, instead of fighting here at the Renoise forums?

If you can not or don’t want to create/do this by your own, then you could at least try to convince some people to do so, help you, go your path? Start a new software for example.

Its diversity that lets the world evolve. Renoise is one software of many. If it does not do what you want, I think then its simply not for you?

Where did they say that? You’re dreaming, right? Where was something like that promised for the “next version”? Nowhere.

Dude, you know yourself that everybody knows that the routing you mention isn’t possible yet. Nobody is pretending otherwise.

Since renoise 2.0 vst effects can receive midi input ( unfortunately a bug in 2.5 disables this …)
Then to answer you question …how to route 2 audisignals to an effect ( for example prosoniq morph …) which takes 2 audiosignals panned hard left and right …
Create 2 trackes …panned left and right in the premixer …assign a send effect to the two tracks …route them to the send destination et voila …
WIth the new routing abilities renoise is almost a modular host …only thing that is missing is midirouting ( need it )

The brief flaming earlier was amusing…
Lets put it aside as it is Christmas time :w00t:

I registered with version 2.1 particularly due to rewire giving me the ability to route things however i like within ‘Reaper’.
The price for these 2 programs amounts to less than any of the ‘Pro DAWs’ i can think of - and none of these Pro DAWs have the speedy workflow that renoise and reaper have. (i really don’t consider cubase or logic to be ‘pro’ anyway… and who really wants a homogenized method for making music anyway?
ableton schermableton…)

Renoise wired into Reaper is totally awesome - before this was possible i was never totally happy working entirely within the computer. I bought Cubase - it was full of bugs, wouldn’t work without a large download patch, has processor intensive dongle security…
Great ! i pity the suffering of the Pros.

I’m happy that a speedy workflow may have some compromises with features and functions.
I’d sooner finish a song than use a done to death vocoder effect.

Can you stutter a sample in cubase or logic with a simple effect command?
Nope… not that im aware of.

However - if more complex routing is ever going to be implemented in renoise - the routing matrix in Reaper is perhaps a good method to take inspiration from.

To look at the value for money Renoise gives - it does anything an Akai MPC series does and better.
(and the MPC is a peice of kit that can really be considered to be a defining standard - and that is full of bugs too).

Good work with this new (beta) release !

This is your routing 1.2.3. for MDA vocoder:

1- Modulating signal (VSTI) on track 01
2- Pan track 01 completely to the left
3- Send-device on track 01 pointing to S01 (Mute source)

4- Vocals on Track 02
5- Pan track 02 completely to the right
6- Send-device on track 02 pointing to S01 (Mute source)

7- Put MDA talkbox on track S01

If it doesn’t work nicely, swap the panning settings between track 01 and track 02

You can do all the routing you want, they are just being done differently in Renoise than in other DAW’s.
If you have a problem with adapting, then Renoise won’t be the only software you will have a problem with. Just relax and start somewhere and try to follow the advises → if it takes up too much time to get the hang of it or you just simply don’t like that workflow, then Renoise is not for you.
We try to make the software as easy as possible and the community is there for support.

Hey, start your own thread in the off-topic section! You behave like a spoiled brat and your negative attitude is inappropriate in this thread, where people are happy and celebrate. See it this way: You have got 6-7 years to arrange (no pun intended) solutions to your special needs.

:drummer:

No need to apologize. Just read my signature more often… Or even better: print it and hang it on your walls. ;)

You’re missing the point. It’s not about effects that take “2 audiosignals panned hard left and right”, but simply effects with more than one input/output. Renoise does not support that. Not to derail, but let’s at least not confuse stuff even more here…

OOOPS… maybe I’m wrong, maybe that’s not what he was talking about… however, there are vocoders and other fx that can’t be used with Renoise, because of what I mentioned.

sry taktik it isn’t against renoise or you ,it is against people say to me ,all feature i have talking about is now in renoise
i m not coder, i juste say what i think about lye of it-alien
i love aodix and i use it a lot like renoise ,the problem isn’t that ,the same think with all other sequencer ,i use reaper,live etc…
i’m not sector ,software are only tools for me
i dont want to convince any people , it isn’t my job and i don’t care about this ,if aodix go to be shit because new soft better in send it in my trash ,you now what i m say,
only lyes ,i hate
juste that , renoiser stay renoiser (i m renoiser too, from start of this soft (before to with noisetrekker)
juste see this picture to understand me
bye
http://gs150.photobucket.com/groups/s95/LW…rrent=aodix.jpg

these 7 years in the forums showed that I seem to have a problem talking with people who make gabber music.

and look, now I am a liar also! (Or, what’s even worse, a lyer)

man, I have no problem in telling you that a feature is not available in Renoise; I have done this lots of time since 2002, and I have also said it recently, even if I knew that some features were already implmented in Renoise 2.5, but since I could not speak about features which have not been released, I replied “sorry, this is not possible in Renoise 2.1” or similar replies.

maybe it’s just a problem I have with the way you write, but what you ask for, at least the way I have understood it, is almost completey doable in Renoise 2.5. Not everything, but almost everything. Let me not spend any more word with you, and let the people who have the will and patience to help you do so, but please don’t call my a liar because I’m not; take your overreacting hormons with you and be polite.

thx for you reply
but i make music not mathematic

pig eat all you give to eat sry i don’t eat shit like more …(this one too)