Renoise 2.5 Beta Testing Starts

Wow! Great new features, good work Taktik! The MIDI and automation routing possibilities seems just amazing.

Being a Monome owner I really look forward to 2.6 with OSC etc… and if it somehow includes individual triggering of blocks in the pattern matrix, like Live’s session view - I’d guess you’d have THE definite Ableton Killer :D

i dont need this one gui redisign cross track signal…
more faster and vst improv compatiblite is cool
i need real routing audio like modular,real arrenger,assignable vsti out to vstfx for vocoder ,real tick less precision (not doubling speed) one think like revsit if you now real patern zoom, tickless automation or more precise without doubling speed,better sound qualite,… in reality i use more aodix than renoise( juste better sound and real musician aproche)
i ve start sound with amiga an tracker the base of renoise is the same why?
and sincerly if i can unregistere it ,i do it :(
renoise 2.1 is very goo one for hardcore and drum this ,is only i need for binarie music like that
sry italien i respect you tactick and other juste my stupide opinion :P
renoise need another step for pro( no like aodix if you dont want ,like fruity (i hate this one but real pro soft))
the pb with aodix is no vst3,no news feature,no bug fix( i now only 3 bug) but great sound,and modular possibilliti infini, tick less,arrenger…ARGURU RIP :(
now i wait and see

I bet it is the French to English translation in your post, but this got a healthy lol out of me.

All of this is nice and cool but… Am i the only one that wants to see built in synths in new version? I know… i know… VST’s are nice… but built in synths would even reduce dependencies on VST’s!

Yeah, and, I’m an octopus.

I learned about the 2.5 Beta today, and of course I was excited about the added features. But then I read this:

Now THAT is really wonderful news!!! :D

I’ll be writing scripts for Renoise for sure. And tutorials/documentation, as I’ve promised earlier.

Bidirectional communication… just perfect. To me it seems like 2.6 will be the real storm!

i guess this will be the time when we see the instrument section “pimped”. (and i think we got a wavetable-synth already)

Woohoo!!

I don’t want to start a discussion into this thread, however, lots of think you have listed are either:

• already possible since 2.0
  • already possible since 2.1
  • possible since 2.5

you also said you don’t need cross-track routing but you need modular routing… :blink:

others such as “better sound quality” just make me raise my right eyebrow

the Hydra is here to overcome your dreams :)

One thing I need to say about the Extension-thingy that’s coming up in one of the next releases. If you could write code for Renoise, it’d be really easy to write a script to save your projects as wav in the demo.

Or is the demo not going to be able to import such scripts/extensions?

well, you won’t have access to low level audio produced by playing the song. that’s far away the possibility of a scripting engine !

Thing is if you take his meaning at face value i have to say that with a piano roll and an arranger and hard tracks (May sound like a lot but i get the feeling the guys are going for it in a big way here)
Then Renoise is seriously going to be a contender to the big boys in the DAW world
I know there are “We should just be a tracker” nay sayers and also “Renoise is my secret” naysayers but truth is i think next few years here could be very interesting

Bungle

Probably just a typo there but i think you meant to say “that’s far away the possibility of Renoises scripting engine” because there are obvious examples of scripting languages that do just that , not least Reaper ;)

Still very exciting and i suspect the scripting engine will grow in possibilities over time right ?

Bungle

Does this mean it won’t be possible to do things like add support for other I/O audio formats (I’ve got WavPack in mind) via extensions? And no user-made native FX? Just curious, not depending on it or anything.

question how can you use mda talkbox in renoise with external synth ? impossible dont talk about you dont now …
how route vsti in right in in vocoder and sample in left like in all other pro soft ??
i want modular or real routing to where you want
vstfx to vsti i now that in renoise but you must use internal synth of vocoder dont say shit im not sylli
real arrenger no shit matrix
real precison pattern zoomable not doubling tick and speed ,i want zoom like revist
pffffffffff
you dont want talk dont talk but dont say sylli think
all peapole arent stupide
:angry:

not it isnt i dont speak gut english :P

for the sound quality … juste compare is so simple

morouche, sorry but you look definitely stupid to me now.

I usually help people with their questions; I have done this tons of times, but in your case I will do an exception and just advice you to read the fucking manual or use something else than Renoise. If I even would decide to take the time to answer your questions, which definitely have an answer, I should spend lot of time into understanding what the hell you have written, being it is almost impossible to interpret it, not because you are French, but because your writing skills are awful and your attitude is irritating.

people around you are all enthusiast about this release. everyone is, but you. either you are some special guy, or more likely you are missing something.

All: Please apologize me for this flame and for my reaction.

you joking? whats with this magic stupidity ???

Speechless! :) Just phoned a friend, who’s also a Renoise-user about this update! I bought Ableton Live a month ago but haven’t had much inspiration for time for music, I bet it will be even harder to take the time to learn Live now, when these fantastic updates in Renoise appeared! :)

…or I could make a vow and learn Ableton Live until the stable version of Renoise 2.5 is out. Gettin best of both worlds!

one think "
people around you are all enthusiast about this release. everyone is, but you. either you are some special guy, or more likely you are missing something."

if lot of people love shit ,shit are good…not for me ,i use renoise since 1.1 all feature i have re caring you say in the next version (like a politician) 6 or 7 year to have an arranger !!!

simple question : how to use MDA talkbox in renoise ?? simple question for simple answer i ve read the manual impossible to use it !!! IMPOSSIBLE no routing…

i m stupid ok ,np, but you’re layer (i try you understand what i say ,now)
all feature i have talk before isn’t in renoise ALL
i m stupid because i say truth oki np

sry i m heating too, i m stupide but not layer

if you answer to me ,just answer to my simple question,if i m right just say it (no answer i m right too :) )

happy people in happy world… isn’t this world :yeah:

i agree to

[b]THANK TACTIC and The rest of you guys THIS release BLOWED MY MIND AWAY!

TACTIC= SANTA

I have used Renoise since 1.1 registered at 1.2 and this release is just to good to be true. If this is a dream, don’t wake me up :)

[/b]

No I know someone who don’t like it! My GF ;)

Renoise IS modular, you just have to understand that it is.
With sendtracks and the new devices you can even control and automate the routing and everything!

The soundquality of Renoise is among the best in the market.

Renoise, has a tic resolution of 4096 per sec.

My first reaction was that the matrix, was not that useful but after giving it a try I find it very useful. You are able to select several tracks, and copy, paste/rearrange them. Try holding down Ctrl, or shift while clicking.
This really speeds up arranging alot! And gives you a nice overview.

There is also the new cabinet simulator which in itself, together with the velocity device, gives a better sound than slayer.

That device alone is worth quite much.
I could go on, with all the new features.

There is so much new…
You could have called it 3.0!

It’s pretty stable ;)