Renoise 2.5 Beta Testing Starts

There are some subtle features that’s B)

Clicking on points doesn’t change the value like before.

Post em’ if you spot em’.

After a quick try with this the new version, I would like to say that it is… great!
I particularly appreciate the pattern matrix: I didn’t read anything the arranger thread but the result show it was very well thought… and very intuitive: after 1/2 I have to reflex to look at this to see where is what and to make cut and past.

• I had fun with the Stutter Audio FX: Drill & bass contest 10’ should be interesting!
  • I like the new MIDI Chord Mode Recording mode.
  • With the motor oil in the Audio Engine I can now push play/record and add a “live note” at the same time. Before, the first note on the fist beat wasn’t recorded.
  • I like the ability to minimize the FX devices. It make my DSP chains look clearer.
  • The “Save Sample” & “Save Instrument” shortcuts to the context menu should have always been there.
  • And it should be great when I will map my midi controller.

In a few words… thanks to the team!

Stunnded and downloading (at work) oh nooo! But can’t help havin a peek :D

Frikkin’ awesome!
I love it!

Only thing I’m still missing is support for long samples (starting playback in empty pattern #02 should also play notes that were supposed to start in pattern #01)… Impossible for VST instruments, i know… but very usefull for waves.

In other words, MIDI to wave recordings from hardware synths.

However, this update really made my mood go sky high!! :D

I forget to speak about the pattern effect menu! Good idea too, especially for noobs.

Nice one Vv for the vocoder tutorial

can’t wait to start using this B)

I missed it! What is it? Where is it?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it… Ubercool!!!

Wahoo!! Hardtechno terrorists here i come :ph34r:

Will try the beta tonight.

Is it technically possible with 2.5 to make a vocoder with internal DSP’s? I don’t know how a vocoder processes sound, though… never used a vocoder before actually… but always interested to learn more!

If the signal follower would have a multiband filter this would be easy I guess, somebody smart can probably do this with a batch of filter3s.

edit: also read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocoder

Awesome update guys, thanks a lot!
When I heard about the pattern matrix my hopes for the feature Cosmiq is referring to went up again, but sadly it seems it has not been included yet.

When starting at some random point in a pattern:
-Renoise should know which samples (WAVEs) were triggered earlier and are still supposed to be playing by
calculating the offset in the WAVE (taking into account earlier pitch bend/slide and offset effects, etc)
-Play those waves (with track FX starting from that point onward)

That would REALLY make my day! And it would perfectly fit with the pattern matrix concept.
Please give it some thought Mr. Taktik ;)

Cheers,

Cyrex

i think this is nearly impossible as a vocoder uses format filters afaik. but would be interessting to try something like that :)

+1 on this question: Would “Harmony Improvisator” work on Renoise at this point?

If I can control almost everything by MIDI, and I can’t wrote MIDI stuff on the sequencer, does it mean that i can control almost everything on the sequencer ?

Pretty much, yes.

Wait for 2.6. See this thread: http://www.renoise.com/board/index.php?sho…c=22870&hl=

Hope this will be implemented in 2.5. Don’t know.

And another +1 on the vst ↔ vst data linkage thingymajig yadiyada… would be very nice.

Cheers for the panic button help guys! 2.5 rocks… and fast updates rock as well. BIG thanks for all the hard work.

not smart, necessarily. just with some free time.

this needs to be tuned.
http://www.antilicense.com/pkmoumybtl/vocoder.xrns

Hahaha.

Wow, insane DSP chain-age.

yeah. I tried to do it by hand-editing the XML and managed to crash 2.5b3.
also I learned that if you want to make a bunch of crazy copies of signal followers and destination DSP tracks like this, you want to copy the destination DSPs first. this is because the destination in the signal follower is stored as the relative offset to that track. so as long as the offset is the same (e.g. track : track 12 :: track 5 : track 13) you don’t have to tweak the destination. saves a little bit of time.