Renoise 2.5 Beta Testing Starts

That new sequencer matrix over view looks pretty cool.
But its nearly 8.00am and i gotta go work and won’t have time to try this out till tomorrow…
Unless i finish work early :D

Halleluja! I died and went to heaven! :wub:

Renoise just turned into a first class techno machine. :yeah:

As opposed to before, when it was mainly used for reggae? Yeah. I’ll miss those times though ^^

BEST
UPGRADE
EVER

Thank you so much!!!

Before it wasn’t first class for me.

I am anxious to try it. :dribble:

VERY nice! Thank you, everyone involved in this! Renoise sure is one helluva music making application these days. Great value for money, and true power user features.

Now, keep in mind my high appreciation for the program as I state my only gripe: the single thing that bugs me in this particular update is that I was promised a free 2.5 update when I bought the 1.5 license. Recently the wording appears to be changed, and it seems I need to pay for 2.5?

Don’t get me wrong, I think Renoise is absolutely worth the money :). Still, it’s one of those “Oh? Really?” moments, you know, when you feel like something is not going quite right.

I jumped in at 1.5 because I figured 2.5 was a nice “big” version to land on my last free update. When I bought 1.5 in 2005, the Order page listed this as one of the registration benefits: “It doesn’t matter when you register, as your registration is valid from 1.x to 2.x.

Fast forward a few years, the Order page said this last year: “Your license is valid for one full version. If your license starts with Renoise 1.8.0, the last update you can get is Renoise 2.8.x.” I just checked these Order texts verbatim from the archive.org cache. This info is not open to interpretation, but clearly outlines that 2.5 should be a free update for a 1.5 buyer, and apparently has been changed after the fact?

absolutely awesome. :yeah:
can’t wait to try the new features out!

i though that everything changed on version 1.5 and it was huge leap on renoise development but this is

MASSIVE!!!

cheers and beers!!!

now i concentrate finishing my half made loops with this lovely pattern matrix.

cAMEL

oh, and big shouts out to new dev Kraken/Gore!!!
may your renoise screen glow brighter than any others!!!

pEACE

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

No, the words have not changed. I think VV has misunderstood this. Or where else have we noted this?

If you registered Renoise at 1.5, then you WILL get 2.5 for free. No upgrade is needed in this case.
Renoise 2.6 is the next versions that you need to upgrade to then…

I’ve double checked this again. The Renoise backstage will let you download 2.5, when you’ve registered at 1.5. Sorry for the confusion.

I heard about this beta over at KVR and have just loaded it up on my machine. Once again I am overwhelmed by the work you guys do. Renoise is a work of art. Many, many thanks to all involved. :walkman:

Cheers,

Malcolm.

Thanks for the super quick answer, Taktik! Sounds like I got worried for no reason. Renoise sure is outstanding on the support front, too :).

These were the specific quotes I reacted over (you might want to change the wording of the first one, it’s from the “Pricing and Availability” section of your announcement):

Oh. Sorry for that. I’ve changed that in the announcement now. Wasn’t my intention to confuse you all with this…

No problem :). Thanks again, and rock on.

:guitar:

holy shit

Added “Save Sample” & “Save Instrument” shortcuts to the context menus (so you
don’t have to use the Disk Browser)

First of all, thank you so much for “All” in Keyboard settings. However, could we please have “Save Sample” and “Save Instrument” configurable for keyboard shortcuts? Think it’d be well lush.

otherwise, amazing update.

DooooWEEEeeee!!!
Nice one, this looks absolutely blinding.
Any chance of some videos showcasing all the new stuff?
Welcome Kraken/Gore…
:smashed:

Cause i posted some tutorials two days agio showing you how to do it so they took it back out hahahahaha

So glad you said that because at the minute i just don’t see a great advantage in the pattern matrix

Anyway back to my MIDI triggered patterns :)

Bungle

url?