Renoise 2.5 Beta Testing Starts

Hehehe, I just cancelled my entire weekend schedule! Late Sinterklaas, early Santa Claus!

thank you very much!!! I have never and never will doubt that Renoise was the best purchase in my life! :D

Guessing this is where my confusion came from.

Only applies if you Upgrade you licence then…

I also understood “until” as included, but Kazakore seemed to had to upgrade while he registered 1.5, so that made me doubt the scheme as well.
Perhaps folks should check backstage first before asking? Removes any doubts:if you have to update, you will see links to upgrade instead of the latest download links.

I didn’t have to upgrade but you initial post said “Those who registered Renoise at Renoise 1.5 or before, can update their
license in the backstage.” but I see it has been edited now anyway. Just wanted to be clear and checking if it was correct or not.

By the sound of it I will be upgrading in very short time for 2.6 anyway and sorry for the confusion. Should of read the rest of the thread before making the last post, Taktik kindly settled all matters a page or so back.

i ve upgrad this morning
and i m not really happy :(
good work ,but no really news to 2.1 version
the pattern matrix is just some thing to make easy shit+f4 shift f5 (littel shit) sry :angry: all block have same
time, we cannot reapet block in same pattern all 8,4,2 ticks like in real arrenger alt+f4 f5 always needed
if you dont have registered version register it (great soft) if you have 2.1 ,isnt real indispansable if you havent money (39 euro + 19.6 taxe=50 euro for shift+f4 f5 easy)
i wait and see
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
i now i m bad and never happy :angry: :yeah:

Whatever it’s called, it means that I no longer have to copy and paste whole columns! AND it has pretty colours. Man i’m so excited…

was just having fun with the internal stutter effect,hehe man its fun,thanks for this awesome release :w00t:

What can I say? I’m also overwhelmed and extremely happy with this upgrade. I’m gonna see how far I can get with live performance with renoise alone ASAP!

Thanks for a truly great program, renoise simply was the greatest, and it just got even better :)

This is awesome News!

Renoise will Rock the Music scene again!
Best Software of the Year 2009: Renoise!

THank you …
keep up the best work in the music scene…

Disagree.

We had some alpha testers (Keith 303 - King Of Renoise for one) who were like you, but then he did a 10 hour session and was forced to admit he liked it alot. Haha. Reorganizing ideas has never been easier.

The Pattern Matrix is definitely not “the arranger”, but it’s very a useful in the way people do things in "Renoise 2.x "

The problem with “an arranger” is simply people’s expectations, i.e. “Why isn’t this Cool Edit?” Renoise 2.x can never satisfy these unattainable criteria; and the pattern matrix doesn’t pretend to, either.

I particularly like the ability to open an XRNS I have never seen before and know everything about it at a glance. This was not possible before.

Anyway, I don’t want to oversell. But the idea that it doesn’t bring advantages is not something I agree with.

Maybe if you spend most of your time in another app and use Renoise to generate loops it’s not that useful. But, for composers who primarily work with Renoise, it makes life so much easier.

CAN IT BE WEEKEND ALREADY?! There is more important work to be done!!

The instrument grabber just made my life a hell of a lot easier. I spent like 20 hours last week just ripping a few sounds from a VST, and I still have like 20 more patches to go. Now I’ll be able to zoom through them. :D

whats interesting is that this could very well become a tool that makes Redmatica AutoSampler completely redundant…

omg the native tube kicks ass. ö

Congrats to taktik and kraken, and the team which I see does a lot of work behind the scenes now also.

and another welcome to kraken aswell .

ehm, what tube?

I came.

i believe he’s referring to the cabinet simulator. maybe.

Very nice piece of software :D

2 suggestions:

• Expand the option “display only selected track” to “display only selected trackS”, so you can view tracks next to each other as you like. I think this could be very useful for editing notes…

• If only you could add sample operations in the pattern matrix for 2.6, so you could view, move/cut/copy/paste and arrange large samples like vocals directly… An option to fix a sample on a replay rate and make it usable to edit in pattern matrix or sometinhg like that.

Thanks for the great work.