Renoise 2.5 Beta Testing Starts

Dearest Devs,
http://twitter.com/hryx/statuses/6572755083
You are going to make a lot of new well-earned friends with this release. Renoise is seriously getting competitively useful.
love,
~hryxptera

PS
And OSC and extensions are coming soon?! (hyperventilation)

Would love to know what the scripting language will be. Is it too much to hope for Ruby? :slight_smile:

Awesome update! Can’t wait to start testing :dribble:

shitfuck this owns! new license bought :)

Look,
Until 2.6, all we can say right now is that it’s not
Actionscript.

Neither JavaScript nor AutoIT3 and neither VBScript

Why am I the only one who cheers about the signal follower metadevice in this topic?

Many topics were opened with people begging for sidechain compression/ducking. Now it’s finaly here, and nobody mentions it?

I guess the pile of new features is really to large this time :)

You just don’t see the trees through the forest. :huh:

Yeah nobody mentions it… this is just the first two pages…

I’m shocked, don’t know where to begin. Best gift in this period!

Edit: OMG the STUTTER!!! Just what I missed! :drummer:

"- OSC support, create interactive MIDI controller scripts.

For example: control Renoise with a Monome, Mackie Control and so on,
without having to manually “map” the controller. Just plug in the
controller and you’re ready to go."

I have no idea what it will take to make this happen but it makes me very happy. I just started ordering the parts for a 64 last week after years of excuses. So awesome.

2.5 is also faster, more precise and compatible with VST instruments, has cross-track routing, Signal Follower, GUI redesign and much more…

if you don’t find any of these new features useful, I doubt you make any music at all with Renoise :rolleyes:

I’m a music maker, and renoise 2.5 was my idea.

I’m so sorry, I read the topic yesterday evening late, I scanned this topic for the word ‘sidechaining’ because I wanted to know if that was possible.

Scuse mi.

just realised I’ve been using renoise since 1.2 - upgraded instantly. A work of art, an utter masterpiece!
Christmas has arrived early this year.

Yes indeed, there should be more native granular effects such as this one - imo. I’m really bad in melody-alike stuff, and this Stutter (most granular effects) can make silly shit sound more ‘complex’ - gotta dig that. That’s also the only thing I ever use dblue’s glitch for, to put on a fantastically gay melody/bass/synth and turn something awesome out of it using only the gater and the shuffler. :P

Drums I like to glitch/break more ‘by hand’. Though putting the Stutter on your cymbals, snares or even bass drums can make a very interesting sound out of them, a little unpredictable most of the time - but still really cool.

man…this is totally head exploding. I wish I had more time to play but looks like I might not be able to until Tuesday :P
Pattern Matrix rules though! NICE work. only gripe about it so far is that I tried to do a FBxx pattern break command and muting the track doesn’t bypass it. not a big deal, but it would be super cool to be able to change pattern length that way.

Try toggling with the Mute Mode.

Options → Mute (silent audio signals) or Off (don’t trigger notes/events)

edit: Hmm FBxx, I see what you mean by muting not bypassing it

Just did a testdrive. Wow that signal follower is awesome! You can make such snappy results with it, perfect!

I love the pattern matrix. I always wanted something like this. And different colours for tracks.
Thanks guys!

Three questions:

1. I find it a bit anoying with the new torn-loose sample recorder. I have to press “start” in the dialog, then focus the main window before space will start the playback. Am I missing something here?

2. I tried mapping the buttons of my BCR2000 to mute, works great. However, is there a way reverse the direction? Right now the light is on on my BCR when the channel is muted, which doesn’t seem logical to me. I tried pulling the min/max sliders (had hoped reversing their default positions, would do the trick), but they are greyed out :wacko:

3. Where should I infact post such questions regarding 2.5? :)

:drummer:

thanxs GODS!!!

:panic: