► Renoise 2.6 Beta Testing Starts

Autoseek is awesome… it works so great actually, I wish it could be enabled by default

(or that I could write a script to enable it on all samples in a song! I really wish Renoise had scriptingggg :D :D)

I don’t know if you’re using the development (the more beta than beta) version of Chrome like me, but since around one day, most (well the bigger ones…) of my downloads fail before being completed. (So zips get corrupted.)

True. But that would just be a kinda masking things and result in nothing new for processing. Actually I do the things I do to show how “in a box”-devices work in detail, which is the opposite. So this doesn’t work as a motivation for me. :) While I appreciate the new scripting interface… ;)

Oh hey, you need to update the “What’s New” link on the main page’s navigation.

I was supposed to work today.

AUTO fckng SEEK

Why the f am I at work and not at home testing this baby.

This release makes me want to learn scripting. Maybe I will. Funk Tool.

Well if it’s any help, autoseek works PERFECTLY, and it makes everything SO much more enjoyable… you can now plan your time after work according to this fact. That is, cancel everything.

O-M-F-G. Geekasm.

Great. Now i’ll have to change my pants.

Autoseek :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
thx so much for that

Now that we have autoseek someone should make freeze track script

awesome news, thanks! (((=

[center]post release spam pic!1

[/center][center]
[/center][center]
[/center]

I have to warn you. The samples are still kept in memory. Although freeze track script probably would be possible, it would take up huge amounts of memory to freeze a track.

Been pretty much away from the computer most of the weekend (even though been at work) and come back to see this lovely surprise. All I want to say is Thank You Renoise Team!! Some lovely surprises in this releases yet again.

Autoseek, the last technical piece I was missing. And the timing couldn’t be better, I just bought a new microphone! Man, this makes tracking so much more fun and versatile, finally I won’t feel like I’m ‘forced’ to work with recording snippets, finally I won’t feel like I ‘should’ do my recordings in Ableton. I have no words for you, Renoise Team. Right at the moment when I’m considering a switch to a different DAW, you blow my mind like this. I wear my Renoise T with pride today!

A small update for Renoise, a huge leap for tracking.

nuff said:

AMAZING work guys. really. congrats.

does the 2.6 scripting and osc support mean that osc scripts can be written that can pass midi data ( e.g., nprn), receive midi from VSTs?

Wow, just wow. Well done to the dev team for putting in the big work on this release! Now, let’s test test test test and see if we can help and find the bugs, if any. :)

Autoseek, so simple yet so win. Again, this really surprised me much like the pattern matrix did. It seems like a really ‘tracker’ style solution. One simple button, no need to go rushing into a huge clip style arranger environment!

And scripting! Well, I’ve downloaded and installed most of the scripts available and all of them leave my jaw on the floor! I’m not a code sort of person, any code seems like Chinese to me. So this makes it all the more impressive! I’m completely humbled. Really in awe of what people can do. So I’m looking forward to see what other scripts people can come up with :)

Worth the wait hey.

this is just awesome,just saw that the 2,6 beta had started,and i cant even try it out before tonight,no sleep for me tonight :drummer:

Thanks for the nice feedback everyone. Autoseek was implemented right at the end of the dev period so there’s sure to be some remaining bugs lurking in there.

The reason it’s not on for all samples by default is that the calculation can be a little time-consuming. So we decided to make it a per-sample option, to avoid needlessly having to go searching for hi-hats and the like and work out whether they would have finished playing by the current position.

Write a script to do that. ;)