► Renoise 2.6 Beta Testing Starts

For such a shit day yesterday, where I killed an xbox in the morning and windows laptop problems in the evening, this beta-release is instant mood-swing for the better :slight_smile:

Thnks Renoise team!

I really hope not people will get that answer everytime someone is asking for a feature now.

seriously, this is really a task which would be possible to perform with a script:

the autoseek status of a sample is accessible in the API, so it is the sample length.
if you add an observable trigger function which detects changes in samples list, you could then easily compute the sample length for each sample and enable autoseek if the threshold is reached

I smell the birth of a new meme :)

autoseek ftw, now renoise can do everything!
Too bad I have no time this week to jump on it :(

lulz, deffo!

Someone make a script that removes the nag screen.

…I’m super serial.

I’ve got approximately 30 minutes worth of spare time, so I guess I’ll have a glimpse at this thang now.

Remember to play nibbles yall.

Yay, but its not about “if its possible”, but “if its available”. If we find a solution that makes sense, then it should be a core feature, not something people have to hack in.

Autoseek! Just what the doctor ordered!
I didn’t manage to drag and drop scripts though
problem in W7?

DSSI!!!

OMFG THANK YOU SO MUCH! The days of routing horror are finally over!! And just in time for the ZynAddSubFx DSSI release!

I’ll go change my underwear now. And after that, I’ll look at the scripting support. Woot!

Honestly, this is a weird. I remember days before 2.5 came out I was really in need for a VSTi grabber… and last week I was dying for autoseek (didn’t think of the mentioned snap to bar - cut samples although that’s pretty much what I did in a more manual way), and here it is!

And I’m also on my first day of my holiday… ouch. :)

Yes!

DSSI Support was the really missing feature for Linux users. Thanks!!

Thanks for the 64bit version too!!!

Did you start Renoise from installer?

If so, try starting it from shortcut or whatever. I had problem Renoise not accepting scripts when I started it from the installer for the first time. Already filed a bug report about it.

That should be pretty much it.
I did start it right after the installation with the checker.
Will test to confirm when I’m home.

great update!
autoseek is admired whilst doing its job totally flawlessly on every single sample i throw at it.
as already mentioned in this thread before, it would aid the convenience, if the user could set is as default option for all samples and/or apply it to multiple/all samples in one go.

scripting looks promising as well, even though for my personal needs, the scripts currently available are of no great use (except for nibbles).

as it-alien pointed out in the CDM discussion:
http://code.google.com/p/xrnx/source/browse/trunk/Snippets/Midi.lua

:drummer:

Hell of a release. Thanks to renoise team. :)

+1

Fantastic news! Can’t wait to dig into the Lua side of things. I code for a living so graphical environments like Max just seemed so cumbersome compared to a real language.

64 bit on Linux is a wonderful thing too.

man ALOT of nice new tools in there,thanks for the people who created them,loving the timestretch,pitchshifting and the sample-slicer is nice too,havent had the time to explore it all yet

great job guys :drummer:

Autoseek support has been added to the batch change sample properties script. Redownload and test it, is my only advise…