► Renoise 2.7 Beta Announcement

Big thnx to the dev. team here! This rate Ill be having to buy a new lisence before I even know it. And will be every bit work the dollar spent. Very impressed with the product since day1 and keep being amazed even more.

Just experienced the new automation in all its awesomeness. It’s absolutely briljant to be able to edit more patterns at once (and the transition animation-slide-thingy is pretty neat too)

I like this version… BUT… Will I be able to use my beloved Rubber-band and scale finder tools in the final version!? Doesn’t work in Beta???

TY Just what I needed to hear/see!

Renoise is all about sound. Thus, I declare that the forums will now be completely sound-based.

Amazing release! Can’t wait to try it out.

Mega-huge thanks for implementing something that looks very similar to my split-send device suggestion.

This was posted to me by noby, and it worked like a charm for the rubberband tool in the beta: Open the tool browser in renoise and rightclick the tools to reveal them in explorer. Inside each tools’ folder there’s a file called ‘manifest.xml’. In the beginning of each one there’s a tag called which should have a value of 1.0. Just change it to 2.0 and save the file, most tools should work perfectly if it doesn’t involve instrument and/or sample propherties.

A quick question for you regarding the new release

The Real-time rendering mode: it says it can render MIDI instruments and line-in devices. I’m using the midi from Renoise to trigger an external synth and want to record the sound back in. Is it possible (as it is with VST’s) to render a pattern to sample? Or does recording from an audio input source still need to be via the sample record process? Forgive any apparent stupidity on my part here, I’m having trouble working this out.

Thanks and my appreciation to the Renoise team for another superb update.

Just wanted to suggest coming back of a ‘delete’ button in the left field of browser, or make not ctrl + del, but only del to delete file…
It’s pretty annoying to press ctrl)

nice update guys!! … even waves 7 works flawlessy now.
the new automation idea is nice but will there be a finer resolution someday?
the automation points are still stuck to grid/lines or beats or am i doing it wrong? :D

the new instrument/samplekeyzone mapping idea is kickass. haven’t tried it yet but no doubt itll kick ass!
the ‘disk browser’ still needs ages so load my 600gb partition which is full of stuff.

nevertheless, all in all a juicy update! …
is it true that all tools have to be updated?

and welcome dblue to the renoise team. nice enrichment for the team :)
didnt know he was on the forums :o

the new automation resolution is up to 1/256th of line. look at the “Snap” control on the lower left of the automation view and disable it; you will be then able to draw lines at a finer resolution

I think he means when recording, for example through a midi controller.

I doubt any application could browse headers of loads of files on a 600GB drive in a jiffy.
You either would need an SSD drive or perhaps stuff less files in one folder.
And perhaps your drive needs some defragmentation as well.

What about Optional indexing you can turn on in Renoise that would save a small file so you would instantly get what was there before displayed, then it would scan and update anything that has been changed since?

good idea kazakore!!!

yea, it-alien… i have done it WRONG … instead of clicking on the SNAP button i only checked
the snap options :D:smiley:

thanks!

Like the small ITS (or whatever extension it used) files that Impulse Tracker generated?

Not sure how it would work. Guess a little .xml or .txt file which is read by Renoise or something similar to how Index Services works on Windows. Maybe (possibly un-noticeably) slow things down on smaller folders but help with larger. Just thought possibly an idea worth considering, don’t know what the IT files were as I never used it.

Where the hell is the instrument editor!!! You know, where you can change the volume, pitch, reso, cutoff… i havnt looked too deep mind you.
p.s Im a bit of a lurker but i love this forum. keep up the good work and long live renoise!

:blink:

exciting!

will try as soon as i get my puter to work again, grrr!

They are in the insturment settings tab, all there.