► Renoise 2.7 Beta Announcement

Open the tool browser in renoise and rightclick the tools to reveal them in explorer. Inside each tools’ folder there’s a file called ‘manifest.xml’. In the beginning of each one there’s a tag called which should have a value of 1.0. Just change it to 2.0 and save the file, most tools should work perfectly if it doesn’t involve instrument and/or sample propherties.

many thanx for multibandsend! always had to do this “by hand”. and the rest is also wow!

Thanks for another solid set of improvements. :D

Incredible, what else can I say :)

Thanks Renoise Devs for bringing us XMAS in advance!

I’m really glad for this update. There’s some really nice stuff in this one!

Some things I found a bit confusing tho, such as: “Realtime Recording” == this actually means that you’re able to have #Line Input-devices “live” while realtime-rendering (bouncing) a song. I was hoping that one could sample stuff on the fly with “Render Selection to Sample” without having to halt playback.
Finding it was only for Render-Song-to-disk was a slight (not large) let-down. I know Logic doesn’t handle this very well either (f.ex. the External Instrument “bounce in place” will be an offline bounce, without taking into account that there’s a live synth playing sounds into your audio input.)

I continue to be shocked at how well the Instrument Settings have been simplified to allow for usage of multiple samples, a VST and outboard gear at the same time. Will it eventually be possible to take that instrument and “Render Instrument to Sample”? It would be so so sick…

EQ10 is amazing! with those draggable bands. I’m so glad, this is exactly what I’ve been hoping and wishing for since moving from PC (DiscoDSP EQ30) to OSX (ehh, nothing to replace the EQ30 with…?). So since I can’t use EQ30 on OSX, EQ10 will do for now.

BTW, there is some merit to an off-forum complaint from someone, stating “There is currently no way to get the triggers for the slices into the pattern from the original beat”.
Having this would be just mindboggling. I’ve often hoped that I could just select a VST-Drummachine’s track, and have all the used individual sounds sampled and sliced into a new instrument, and for the same notes to be mapped to the new track (which would automatically have the same notes toggling as the original VSTdrummachine had). “Render to new instrument with Midi” or some-other-jargon-term is a similar feature found in Logic&Live.

But seriously, 2.7 is such a great update!! :ph34r:

So I have played with this a bit, and I have to say, it’s every bit as good as it looked from the release notes. With this release, plus autoseek from 2.6, pretty much all issues I had with previous versions are gone. An improvement that I’m very happy with, is that rendering a selection now bypasses the master effects, and that is just a small one.

I’m going to use the the slicer a lot, I was hoping for something like this, but I certainly didn’t expect it so soon!

So now that I have nothing to complain about anymore, I guess I could go and make some music or something…

Great work! :yeah:

This worked, thx :)

wooo! can’t wait to get home and check this out, looks very promising :drummer:

I wonder how Kaneel feels about the new beatslicer? :wink:

LOL )

Didn’t he leave the forum less than gracefully?

on Facebook he looks quite desperate because of it

Superb update indeed! :) Somehow I get the feeling that the new “instrument settings”-tab will be harder for newcomers to grasp (before you had most info available on the screen simultaneously) but it is also indeed more powerful. Overall I find the updates really great, especially the long awaited instrument-overhaul. :) vV’s movie made the updates quite easy to understand. :)Thanks Renoise-devs!

very nice, can´t wait to get home and download the demo!

great news :yeah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwESraWEpSU

I wish there was a way to find in the future which tool version supports which version of Renoise. Kind of like it’s with WOW add-ons on most add-on sites. Renoise newbies could be really confused if the supported version number is not displayed.

Grats to Dblue for joining the team. And grats to the team for an excellent on-going update. Renoise is now reaching the point when we can call it a beast.

Well done guys! :walkman: :drummer: :guitar:

2 months till my final exams! :panic: 2 Months! And this arrives a matter of hours after my new audio interface, and I fix my bass! Oh renoise, you old chestnut, how you conspire to ruin my carreer!
Seriously though, WOW! :D

Expecting some awesome DSP work by D-Blue too ;)

Thank you Renoise Devs :D

the slicer rules. dont have to use recycle unless im exporting slices to my mpc. is there a way atm that could export the slices to a folder, preferably into 16bit? because that’s the highest my mpc1000 takes. doesnt matter much either way i guess. it’s really nice to have