► Renoise 2.7 Beta Announcement

it is a common feature in advanced samplers: you can organize samples in groups and define a polyphony for each group. When the polyphony for a group is set to 1 (which is the usual setting but not the only possible value), this means that each time a sample belonging to that group is played, any other concurrently playing sample of that group will be stopped. this is useful for example for automatically manage open/close hi-hat samples.

this feature is in the long TODO’s list for sampler…

Ah ok, thanks for the info. Wouldn’t use it myself, have yet to define a more exotic split than ‘generate drumkit’ :) .

Looks like no-one got back to you on this.

Real-time rendering for external MIDI all works through the Line Input Device. The new real-time rendering support refers to having an external audio source routed into a Line-In Device and then rendering that track. You can either highlight a section and choose Render to Instrument or render the whole song to file. The audio coming in on the Line-In will then be rendered as well.

Thanks Sharevari

This is what I thought. Maybe I’m not doing something right but it doesn’t seem to work. I’m using a Novation Xiosynth (which is also the midi controller and audio in/out interface)
I’m setting a track as midi out to the synth (which plays fine) and then selecting a pattern and choosing render to instrument, but the samples come out blank. Any ideas on why this isn’t working?

Thanks again.

You’re not mentioning the Line Input device, where do you have it? You have to route the incoming audio into the Line Input DSP Device and then render the track on which the Line Input device sits.

Definite +1. There was so much fun you could do with NI Battery1’s mute groups for long messy samples mixed in with oneshot drumhits etc. So, much, fun.

That is what I was missing! - all sorted thanks

Thanks for all new features!

The new automation is a huge addition. The comb filter is mad! I kind of added it here and there and things got much cooler :w00t:
The draggable points on the EQs are also very sweet.

I’m sure the other major new features (slicer + velocity layers) will be very powerful to those who have been waiting for them, even though I don’t think I will be using them much.

Great work Renoise Team!

great job!

thanks gals and guys for working on all this crazy shit. very much appreciated.

metronome count-in is great and easy :)

new automation is heaven B)

Nice touch on the VU meter turning completely red when it’s clipping :)

Like many people apparently, I expected a different automation editor with the 2 points per lines and beziers curves and I reckon I’m curious as to why you didn’t go that path.
Is it because it was easier to implement like this or is it for any other reason ?

Anyway, thanks a lot for this amazing update. Renoise is now just a Bezier curve away from perfect for me and I’m glad to see such a creative and skilled developper like dBlue join the team !

On a purely financial note, how much is the full price of Renoise again ? I wanna know if it makes sense to renew my license now while it normally goes until v2.9.

Regular price: 58 Euro
Regular upgrade: ~47 Euro (20% off)

Beta special price: 40 Euro (30% off)
Beta special upgrade price: 32 Euro (an additional 20% off)

More info about upgrades:

The current action-price is 32 euros for upgrades (i believe 40 dollars?) and i thought it will add to your current license. (so you will have updates till 3.9) but ask Taktik or Bantai to be sure.
When Renoise is going RC, the prices will adjust to their normal rates again.

If thats the case (the update will add to your current end version) I’d like to upgrade now as well. Should I PM Taktik or will he respond in this topic? :ph34r:

I don’t understand?

If you want to upgrade and take advantage of the special price, you login to the Backstage and do it yourself with a credit card; explained here, more details here.

What’s the PM for?

Cool, sorry. I was being lazy I guess :blush:

Looking good so far!