Renoise 3.1 Beta testing starts

Awesome release guys! Gonna start testing immediately.

Just one question: Where can I get the theme you show on the release page? It looks very nice.

I promised to spend time with my GF this evening :frowning: Looks like a great update though!

ja da freuen sich meine eier!!! …

routing!! … endlich!!..

DANKE taktik! :slight_smile:

Just one question: Where can I get the theme you show on the release page? It looks very nice.

It got created specifically for that picture.
It’s around here, somewhere … buried among a dozen other halfassed themes. I’ll post it once it’s dug out!

Edit: here it ishttp://forum.renoise.com/index.php/topic/45713-themes-family-values/

Hi, is there a list of updated / added LUA API functions? :slight_smile: wishes

Absolutely!
https://forum.renoise.com/t/renoise-3-1-changes-from-lua-api-version-4-to-5/44503

It got created specifically for that picture.
It’s around here, somewhere … buried among a dozen other halfassed themes. I’ll post it once it’s dug out!

Cool, thanks. Will that be the default for 3.1 final then?

I have two questions:

• Did the Gxx glide towards command change in any way? Since HM-IK chip tune edit now sounds different there

• How can I remove vendor main nodes from favorite instruments list? I sorted them into custom categories like “analogue”, “workstation” etc. They now appear under the vendor AND my custom category…

:drummer: :badteethslayer: :drummer:

yesssssssssssssss

Amazing update - thanks!

one thing i’d beg of a renoise update: a meta device that does if/then/or. So for example, if the filter cutoff is at 22 on channel 1, then the compressor threshold on channel 4 should be 3:1 (if it’s below or above, it’s something else that can also be set). That would increase the exact modular controllability by infinity happiness amount.

one thing i’d beg of a renoise update: a meta device that does if/then/or. So for example, if the filter cutoff is at 22 on channel 1, then the compressor threshold on channel 4 should be 3:1 (if it’s below or above, it’s something else that can also be set). That would increase the exact modular controllability by infinity happiness amount.

Sounds like something for the formula device or a script?

Getting Ransoms new doofer in the downloads section jogged my memory on this handy one:

We can now drag .xrdp doofer presets onto renoise from desktop/ explorer and they will load on the selected track:

Enhancements to Presets

• Create a waveform preset to take a snapshot of the sample you are working on.
  • Multi-sample (keyzone) presets make it easy to save/recall complex sample layouts. Imported files will populate the instrument keyzone, while export is using an extended .sfz syntax to support all sample properties - even ones that are unique to Renoise.
  • Instrument browser for quick access to, management of of Renoise instruments.
  • FX presets can be drag-dropped from file browser onto a DSP chain.
  • Bundled and user Doofer presets are now displayed as separate categories.

There is just soooo much new awesome and really useful stuff packed into that thing. Awesome!

Gamechanger for me. Bravo guys!

Took a quick look at it, so many features my brain needs to get used to that :lol:

Little question, at the phrase editor there is “shuffle” (1 slider). Is this based on “global groove”(4 sliders) on the master track?

I’d kinda like a 1-slider on master-track too. :rolleyes:

Oh noes, delay zipper noises are gone! :panic:

MIDI routing and post vol :w00t:

Not sure if this is a bug, but I thought I’d try the com.renoise.elements.xrnl with renoise 3.1, and at least a few don’t sound right.

For example, P > GlockenXFade has samples that don’t start at 0, so it pops a bit if you don’t turn on the quick fade option.

Maybe Redux has different defaults or Renoise 3.1 isn’t reading options from the XRNL correctly? ( I don’t have Redux to check if it’s the same. )

Little question, at the phrase editor there is “shuffle” (1 slider). Is this based on “global groove”(4 sliders) on the master track?

I’d kinda like a 1-slider on master-track too. :rolleyes:

I agree, one slider is more effective than 4 generally (at least as a macro for the 4),

in the meantime if you want a tool for the master groove that does that:

https://www.renoise.com/tools/groove-control

Sounds like something for the formula device or a script?

i’d pay 200 SEK for a well-done function like that

Nice improvements indeed. I really like new filters and new chorus potential.

Great idea to add oversampling also! The only thing I’ve noticed is there possibility to change all oversampling options in entire song at once?

Obviously in real-time it’s better to switch it off, but before rendering is there option to switch all filters to x2, x4 or x8 mode for smoother result?

Or, maybe some “auto” mode in oversampling feature (lower in realtime, higher in offline rendering)?

Thanx for great update again!

For example, P > GlockenXFade has samples that don’t start at 0, so it pops a bit if you don’t turn on the quick fade option.

Indeed, those loops could be improved a little bit.

Thanks for the heads up!!