Renoise 3.1 Beta testing starts

I’d also really like a tombola random device where you can write different values to an effect, which the tombola device will randomly choose between. For example to write four exact frequencies for a cutoff peak to random between. And also have an offset function, that can be LFO:d. How about it? :slight_smile:

Yeah, great works guys! I love mappiong pitch bend to sample pitch… but why not make also pitch band mappable in the “midi map”?

There is a way to dicide if recorded mod wheel movements goes into pattern or envelope?

It will be wonderful if you can layer more than one midi and plugin (like you make for sample)

Why don’t add another VST Plugins path? (one is for standard Steinberg, one for your dll directory, and the last for your test or temp plugins, maybe you are making a song with only one or two plug…)

Congrants for the news, very very great works!!!

Thanks very much

EManuele

seriously nice stuff guys. can’t wait to get started!

Ah, fx per column. Excellent! :clownstep:

The Send devices new “Apply post mixer-volume & pan” option!!!

THANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOUTHANK YOU!!!

:drummer:

Abig thanksfor the midi routing stuff, now I can finally use my custom NORA phrases in Renoise. :walkman:

Also nice that I can now import midi files without overwriting the entire song.

Can’t seem to find that stepper modulation device anywhere though, must be blind… Also the Alt Gr key doesn’t work anymore in the beta with FT2 keyboard layout enabled.

I’d also really like a tombola random device where you can write different values to an effect, which the tombola device will randomly choose between. For example to write four exact frequencies for a cutoff peak to random between. And also have an offset function, that can be LFO:d. How about it?

Sounds just like the Stepper device? Pre-determined pool of values, with ability to pick random - or not

Can’t seem to find that stepper modulation device anywhere though, must be blind… Also the Alt Gr key doesn’t work anymore in the beta with FT2 keyboard layout enabled.

It’s a modulation device, so only available in the sampler modulation:

http://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/Sampler_Modulation#Stepper_.28Redux_Only.29

WIKI still says “Redux only”, but that’s no longer true :slight_smile:

I have two questions:

• Did the Gxx glide towards command change in any way? Since HM-IK chip tune edit now sounds different there

• How can I remove vendor main nodes from favorite instruments list? I sorted them into custom categories like “analogue”, “workstation” etc. They now appear under the vendor AND my custom category…

These two, at least:

http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/topic/44189-fixed-31-glide-effect-sometimes-re-triggers-the-envelope-sometimes-not/?hl=glide

http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/topic/45616-fixed-31-glide-at-randomized-multisamples-restarts-note/?hl=glide

I also have a song that may sound different this release due to glides, and the old sound might have been due to a bug.

Sounds just like the Stepper device? Pre-determined pool of values, with ability to pick random - or not

It’s a modulation device, so only available in the sampler modulation:

http://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/Sampler_Modulation#Stepper_.28Redux_Only.29

WIKI still says “Redux only”, but that’s no longer true :slight_smile:

Sounds awesome, how do i get it?

Took a quick look at it, so many features my brain needs to get used to that :lol:

Little question, at the phrase editor there is “shuffle” (1 slider). Is this based on “global groove”(4 sliders) on the master track?

I’d kinda like a 1-slider on master-track too. :rolleyes:

It looks like Phrases ignore Global groove for now.

It looks like Phrases ignore Global groove now.

Would be nice to have the option to have both.

192kHz B)

Sounds awesome, how do i get it?

Sorry, are we still talking about the Stepper device? It’s in the modulation, so sampler-only.
Renoise 3.1 comes with a tutorial instrument which makes funny noises using that device :slight_smile:

192kHz B)

Well, I’ll wait until Renoise supports this

Absolutely wonderful! I would like to take this time to thank the Renoise devs for giving us an amazing beta release and also thank all the users of renoise who give their feedback/criticisms/complaints etc. Renoise is doing a great job listening and providing well-rounded features for the community.

Did I install that elements library correctly?

The categories are:

A

B

P

S

S_Analyzed

S_Other

S_Pulse

S_Sawtooth

S_Waldorf

SP

Z

In “A” there is only “EGuitarClean”. Now “EGuitarClean” certainly has an “A” in it (two actually), but I guess something went wrong during my installation, didn’t it? To me at least those categories and their content seem rather random. I tried reinstalling, but that doesn’t solve it.

No LV2 support? That’s pretty disappointing but lots of good features and improvements nonetheless.

• MIDI import: notes are now appended to your song, instead of replacing it.

ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!

Did I install that elements library correctly?

The categories are:

A

B

P

S

S_Analyzed

S_Other

S_Pulse

S_Sawtooth

S_Waldorf

SP

Z

In “A” there is only “EGuitarClean”. Now “EGuitarClean” certainly has an “A” in it (two actually), but I guess something went wrong during my installation, didn’t it? To me at least those categories and their content seem rather random. I tried reinstalling, but that doesn’t solve it.

They are not sorted/categorized alphabetically. It’s just some semi random, somehow made up categories, so it installed fine.

BaDaBinGBaDDaBuMM!

:ph34r:

No more accordion!!! thank you! and OMGOMGOMG it’s a damn .1 update and it’s AMAZING. …which doesn’t surprise me as much these days :slight_smile:

#teamrenoise :stuck_out_tongue: