⮚ Renoise 3.3 and Redux 1.2 released

Report the problem in the help, support & bugs forum with used OS and steps to replicate if possible. A copy of the contents of the log file also helps. Access the folder where the log file is in through the help tab in Renoise.

1 Like

i love renoise! great update ! thx so much

I just installed 3.3 and VST3s weren’t showing up, which I thought was weird since VST3s are a big feature for this update…

Went to settings… Noticed VST3 box was unchecked… Checked VST3 box… Great success. :space_invader:

2 Likes

I watched the sidechain video by achenar on youtube yesterday and needed far too long to realize, that he is talking about a new renoise version :smiley:

I don’t even use vsts that much but I already had plenty of fun playing with the new sidechaining device.
happy new year to the devs and everyone else :boom:

1 Like

Holy shit check the backstage!

Thank you.

3 Likes

So how much less resources do the VST 3 plugins use or is it not that much lower?

I think I’ve got the same Waves & VST3 problem here, on WaveShell1-VST3 10.0.vst3 - which I notice it was trying to access as 32-bit? I kept waiting, and Windows Explorer crashed (!), but it did finally move on to WaveShell1-VST3 10.0_x64.vst3. I can see it doing something, memory use climbs about 3MB at a time to over 2500MB memory used. I’ve got Horizon, so I do have a ton of plugins, but that does look like a memory leak. Reaper 6 handles it ok though.

EDIT: Yup, let it run again, it ignored WaveShell1-VST3 10.0_x64.vst3 this time due to me clicking End Task… but when Renoise tried to load WaveShell3-VST3 10.0.vst3 (->32-bit) on the next launch, this time it did the thing where Renoise displays the critical bug error and crashes out. Now that I’ve gone through that scan process multiple times, it looks like VST3 v12 Waves plugins are loading. Trying to run a v10 VST3 32-bit plugin though (like CLA Vocals) causes a Renoise Crash when I launch the About screen in the plugin.

Thank you for this fantastic update! Long live Renoise.

I’m pretty late, but BIG THANKS :+1: for VST3 and sidechaining support. That’s indeed great news. Will check it out ASAP. Glad to see that new features are implemented.

thank you very much ! wanted sidechaining feature for so long. thank you ! :pray:

@SyneRyder

See Windows: Very slow scanning and memory leak when scanning Waves9 VST3 shell please.

This issue seems to affect Waves 9 and Waves 10 it seems and is going to be fixed soon.

2 Likes

Thanks taktik! I’m sorry you have to keep dealing with Waves Shell drama, but I appreciate it. And I’m really surprised Waves haven’t given you free Horizon / Mercury licences - all the Waves plugins I’ve bought are because I use them with Renoise. I wouldn’t have spent as much money with Waves if it wasn’t for your work!

Back on topic, VST3 is a big help, maybe now I can try making my own VST plugins. Wasn’t much point when Steinberg wouldn’t give out VST2 licences, I’d only be making VSTs to use with my favorite Renoise! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the Linux XDG compliant filesystem updates. Much appreciated.

Good news! Thanks Renoise Team!

1 Like

Long time no C )))
The update we deserved ! Thank you guys))

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Redux in Logic Pro: Closing the plugin window in logic it asks to save the patch

Fantastic! Thanks!

Great! Got my hands on the new features and they are very usefull! Used sidechaining with the default routing possibilities already for a long time. But the new implementation rockz!

Thanks. Somehow the CPU rate is a bit lower. The project, what I was after needs now about 35 % CPU instead of 85 %.

wipes a tear of joy

I can not express my gratitude enough for this one and only tracker DAW that lives on with just one single fellow developing the program core code. Back in the old days I loved OctaMED Professional to the computer platform AMIGA and ReNoise is as far as I know the only one out there that works and look similar to it.
Purchased license years ago and never regretted it.
VST3 support is definately a milestone. With pandemic isolation I wanted to try Soloncontutti to play realtime with buddies online and it’s a VST3 only thing… Now I can at least see if it works as the developer for Solocontutti says. :slight_smile:

2 Likes